Chapter 67 : Borrowed Identity

The Next Morning, Sunday. Eun Hee's House. Eun Hee's POV.

I sigh for the sixth time today, flipping through channels without any interest into what I wanted to watch. The only thing that mattered was to distract my brain from reminiscing what took place yesterday. I bury my face onto one of the throw pillows beside me, repeatedly thinking of how stupid I was for snapping like that.

"Eun Hee? Something wrong, dear? You've been doing the same thing for the past twenty minutes now.." says Eomma, returning from the living room after cleaning up the dishes in the sink. I prompt myself up to sit down, glancing back to stare at her vacuuming the place clean. "Nothing much.. Just some of my friends meeting new people."

She took my words into consideration, looking as if she had gone through that phase. She turns the vacuum off, carrying Byul into her arms. "Aigo, so that's what's been bothering you.." I take Byul off of her arms as she went near, placing him near my neck. "You make it seem as if it's not that big of a deal, Eomma."

Eomma plainly chortles, taking her seat by the same armchair that she uses whenever she reads. "Truth be told, it's not that really big of a deal, Eun Hee. Aren't you just a bit jealous 'cause they're meeting new friends here?" "T-That was what I thought at first! But it really isn't.. They just.. they just changed that's all. It seems that they don't even care if everyone came together and hung out. It seems their 'new friends' are much more important now." I groan.

"Well have you confronted them about the situation?" asked Eomma, maintaining the vigorous eye contact. I look away in embarrassment, "And then what..? They'll surely apologize about the whole thing, I know of it." "Then there you go, problem solved. That's what you've been meaning to hear from them right? A solemn apology?"

Eomma, once again, shines a new light in the situation. "..I can't argue with that one. But," I display a frown, "I yelled at them.. I said that I didn't want them to go near me anymore.. It's been bothering me ever since. Really, I'm so pathetic to have yelled that in front of their faces. Even though they treated me so kindly.." Eomma makes her way towards me, hugging me with her motherly vibe. "You know what.. Those boys, no matter how rich they are, their eyes remain true. They see you as something irreplaceable and precious. Especially that very tall handsome man that arrived later than the rest."

The doorbell rings of a visitor, alerting Eomma who readily stand to open the door. I place Byul down beside the couch, petting his head. Really.. What on earth will I ever do without Eomma to tell me all those. Now that I think about it, they were always there to defend me even at such crucial times. To think that I made a shallow assumption, I could never forgive myself for telling them to leave me..

"Omo! EunRa..? Is that really you?" says Eomma, surprising me with her energetic voice. My eyes widen, looking back with a face white as a sheet of paper. "Hi, Ms. Jong! It's been such a long time since we've last seen each other! I'm glad that you still remember me even though I've changed my facial appearance." says EunRa, her high-pitched voice sounding a bit annoying in my perspective. "Omo, now that I think about it, you kind of resemble my little Eun Hee!" "Well, I only had my eyes undergo plastic surgery, but other than that is plain make-up." Even her laugh was as annoying as her normal voice. I shake my head, clearing out the rude comments I had going inside my skull.

"Anyway, Eun Hee is by the couch right now. Come on in!" I heard the door a few seconds after Eomma welcomed her in. I continue to face the Television, the channel placed in the Home shopping network as it was featuring its new product. It made me seemingly interested into what the guy in the Television was saying, intensely nervous as to feel EunRa's presence getting near me.

"Eun Hee, you have a guest!" chirps Eomma. I look back, pretending to have only known just now of her. I crookedly smile at her, watching as she stood in one place with a straight posture. She returned the smile, however, with a deeper meaning as usual. "Aigo, if only I knew you would come sooner, I would have rushed to the market and made something good for Lunch..!" says Eomma, slightly sulking.