Chapter 65 : Flashback to 1994 | Part 3

Two days later. Dong-Eui University. Morning. EunHa's POV.

After that night out with Jyeri and Aimi, I instantly got a fever out of the cold and bad weather. I went absent on a Monday and Tuesday seeing that my health hasn't progressed in a day. With the help of Mom and Chulwoo, I was able to get up back on my feet after two days of lethargy. I heave a sigh, ever since Chulwoo picked me up from the mall, he hasn't made any conversation, eye contact or even teased me. Knowing him, I know for sure it wasn't about the money he had saved up, instead, it's him being worried over me.

"Did you hear? Yebin's dating this college guy! I heard that they got together two days ago!" "What! Really? She is beautiful, but I didn't know she was allowed to have one since she was always so weak, you know, with her heart disease and all.." whispers two girls just outside the classroom. I amble near them, having them both disperse as they keep their mouth in a tight zip.

I oddly gaze at them as they move out of the way, making my way inside to find Yebin smiling as she endearingly wrote something down on a piece of paper. She was completely isolated in her own world right now, even Jonghyun couldn't penetrate her mood right now. I fix the strap of my bag, tightening it as I saunter my way beside her desk.

"H-Hey, Yebin.. Morning." I said, placing my bag down on my desk table, which is right in front of her desk. I pretentiously cough, turning back to find the paper scented with a strong scent of vanilla. I clear my throat, "So, uhm, I heard you got yourself a boyfriend."

She takes notice of my remark, her cheeks blushing red as she hides the letter with her hands. "Really, gossip sure does travel fast, huh." She spoke, her cheeks almost at its limit for smiling too much. I inch my chair closer to her desk till it hit the border of it, "So.. was it an engagement your parents set up? I heard it was an old man." I said teasingly.

Yebin's eyes playfully bounce up and down, from her letter to my eyes, clearly looking embarrassed about something. I raise a curious brow, "Something the matter, Yebin? You're acting kind of weird.." I laugh it out. She tugs my arm, closing my near her distance. "I actually confessed..!" She whispered with glee. My blood dropped down, skin prickling with a needle-like sensation as she said it. I blink twice, mouth gapped open as I pull back away from her space.

"C-Confessed..? You mean to--" "Yes, I confessed to Chulwoo oppa! And he said, 'yes'!" I didn't know what to feel actually, it was nothing to me, I mean, Chulwoo is a gentlemen. A perfect man for any woman dreaming of a real prince charming, but to suddenly find out that that Chulwoo can even bat an eye away from his studies? Isn't this a surprise.

Yebin stares at me, waving her hand in front of me. "Is.. Is there something wrong, EunHa? Are you that shocked to hear about it? I mean, you did warn me not to confess, but I knew that if I didn't do it, I would live a life of regret.. I'm sorry, are you mad at me?"

The way she looked at me with pleading soft eyes made me forget the whole thing, discarding my emotions and filled my face with a happy one instead. "O-Of course I'm not angry! I'm just so surprised! I mean wow, wasn't Jonghyun in the way or anything?" I jest.

"No, not at all. As a matter of fact, he gave us space to talk! Can you believe that? Not only is Chulwoo oppa my boyfriend, I'm letting him meet my parents tonight!" I grin roughly, looking down at her desk. "I-Is that why you're writing an invitation for him?" She stops and realize the piece of paper she was busy with a while ago.

"Oh this? Oh no, no, no. This is just a love letter! I read a lot of poetry during my stay in the Hospital during the weekend and after getting together with Chulwoo oppa, I started writing him a poem of my own just two days ago! He loves them and wishes to hear more! Isn't he the best?" I cringe at her words, agreeing to every good thing she says about Chulwoo.