Chapter 51 : Home Sweet Busan

Late Evening. Busan. Eun Hee's POV.

Wow... Have I been in Seoul for too long? Everything looks so different, even the feel of the environment is completely different to me. I prompt my backpack from behind, already feeling the weight after just a ten minute walk. I wipe the sweat off my forehead with my handkerchief, ceasing at the middle of the four-way intersection. When all of a sudden, "Watch out!!"

I turn right to see a speeding bike, travelling in super fast movement down the hill with load on his front basket. My eyes round in horror, panicking as I push myself to move to the right, still being struck by one of the bike handle of the man who also crashed in the process.

I prompt myself to sit up, holding onto my hipbone that was struck. It wasn't serious to be brought to the Hospital, but it was more than enough to bring a whole lot of pain for me. "Are you okay, miss?! Are you hurt?!" The man whom I crashed spun my shoulders at his way, revealing that he is none other than my long-time friend; Jihoon.

"Jih—" Before I could call out to his name, he freely touches my face, checking for bruises or any injuries that he might have caused. He helps me up in one go, getting his bike to stand up. "Hey look, I'm really sorry about this whole thing. I'm sure you're injured somewhere, but I'm afraid that there is only a nearby clinic and not a Hospital. Is that okay with you?"

My eyes round in shock, poking and touching my face as if it was dislocated or something. W-What the? Doesn't he recognize me? Then it struck me like lightning, r-right... I forgot. Chanyeol had given me a makeover not long ago. No wonder Jihoon doesn't remember me at all. "Miss? Miss! Are you okay? Do you want me to carry you there—" "N-No no! I'm perfectly fine! B-But you, your head is bleeding! I think you're the one that needs to see the doctor!" I yell at him.

He slides his finger at his left temple, glancing at the blood he picked up. But instead of fear in his eyes, he showed a neutral expression instead. And yet, after that, it still felt nostalgic since he was always a rock; a big emotionless and selfless guy.

It wasn't till moments after that I realized that I was practically laughing at his face, watching as he grew quite doubtful if ever I was really all right or not. This is great! Just as long as he doesn't recognize me till much later, this is going to be a fun weekend! I wonder if eomma and the rest will react the same way.

As soon as my laughter died out, I got all my fallen luggage and smiled at him. "Uhm, I think I've wasted much of your time. I'll be heading home now." I turn to face the direction I originally was heading to but was stopped by his grasp. "Wait." said Jihoon, looking as if he wasn't going to let go anytime now. I bite my lower lip, trying my best not to giggle.

He's going to say: Let me give you a lift back to your home then. At least let me give you proper apology for bumping into you. "Let me give you a lift back to your home then. At least let me give you a proper apology for bumping into you." said Jihoon, as predicted.

I release the clamp on my arm, "It's okay. My house is a few meters away from here. I could manage by myself." I bow my head for a short moment, "But thanks for the offer anyway." I start my way to the direction of my home, hearing him mount his bike and leaving with faint sounds of his bike's bell.

...

Evening. Eun Hee's House.

I stand on top of the welcome mat, smiling at myself as I rang the doorbell. Noises from the inside was still quite audible from outside, hearing eomma's voice roaring all over the place before opening the door for me. Upon seeing my face, she gave her suspicious look on at me. "Uhm, may I help you, miss? Are you lost?" She ask, holding onto her trust ladle.