Chapter 43 : Dinner Plans

Platinum Room. Afternoon.

"Where's Eun Hee?" Chanyeol choke out with a cough, enough to cover the franticness hidden in his voice. Kyungsoo cease to water his plants, "What are you talking about, Chanyeol. It's Eun Hee's rest day today, she doesn't visit us until later this afternoon." He bobs his head, "A-Ah I see. I guess I forgot about that.." whispers Chanyeol at the end.  

"Seems to me like something happened between you two, huh." said Lay, scavenging for books at the shelves. Consequently, all the members' eyes land straight at Chanyeol, their eyes void of curiosity and interest. He felt his eye twitch as he glowers at them to stop staring, but they persist in doing so. Chanyeol rolls his eyes, "W-What? Are you guys serious right now. Psh! Nothing happened between us, who ever said something happened between us, did something happened between us? Of course nothing happened--" "You confessed, didn't you?" blunts Lay.

The room fills up with silence, their smiles reaching up to their ears as they smirk towards Chanyeol. "Omo! That's great, Chanyeol! How did it go? Was it successful?" "What did she say? Where and when did you say it?" "Did you say something after that?" Chanyeol plants a face palm, ignoring all the questions his members had to throw, but deep inside of him, he felt kind of relieved that he had finally taken his feelings out to the public.

But from afar, away from the smiles and laughter beaming off from the current Platinum members, it was only but Baekhyun who seems distant from the current topic. Staring directly at Chanyeol with a blank look, leaving the Platinum room after a minute.

Central Building. Examination Board. Eun Hee's POV.

I keep my cool as the people circling around me awaits the dean to post the most important announcement of all time -- exam results. It's almost two minutes till three, and I'm already freaking out over here. I glance ever so frequently, checking if Krystal has arrived within the number of students in the huge building. Finally, the examination screens turns on.

Four screens flashing for the Bronze students, three for the Silver students, and one huge screen for the Gold and Platinum members. I watch the names rise from the lowest rank to the highest in terms for the final GPA. I found my name above Baekhyun's name, which results to becoming the top of the Platinum charts.

But what caught my eyes was the name of both Krystal and I from above. I clear my throat, trembling to position my hands into praying. Finally, after some time of calculation of numbers beside our names. The name who ranked the highest was, "..Me." I drawl.

"AAAAAAAAHHH!!" A loud and horrible shriek comes from behind. I slowly turn to find Krystal, her arms into balls of fists with her whole mouth gawk open as she ends her blood curling screech. She darts me her usual cold glare, approaching me with a threatening aura when suddenly.

"Enough, Krystal." Everyone turns to look at the distant to find Kai, walking straight at them. He stops from a good meter, "If everyone is done looking at their grades, please go on to your perspective classrooms!" He yells out. In a quick flash, majority of the students who came, hastily exit the central building.

"J-Jongin! W-Why are you here?" stutters Krystal, biting her lower lip every five seconds. "How can I not when I'm clearly the prize in this deal." Krystal gawks her mouth, feeling quite ashamed of her undecided act. Kai shifts his attention at me, "Congratulation, Platinum. Seems like you've astounded the school with your unending knowledge, huh. And as what you ordered, I will start my one month off out of the campus after Winter Break."

"A-Alright." I blurt out. He displays  a small smile, turning back to walk away from the spot. Krystal glances back at me with a sour look for the last time before following from behind. Later did I not know that the dean himself was behind all of us the whole time. I saw the dean put up a difficult and nerve-wracked expression upon staring at Kai, looking as if he has just been mentally threatened.