Chapter 13 : Exciting Sports Festival

Another week has passed without that much things to do. I remain being Kai's loyal dog and as well as the caged little bird inside this University. But starting this Monday, it will be the start of another fun filled event that I didn't thought was possible for College students to take part in, a sports festival! Seriously, this university has every event possible.. 

"Sports Festival? Wow! That's so amazing! This University really doesn't fail to surprise me. I wonder what games they hold here. I want to join one." I gleam as I check the paper form.

"Omo? Didn't anyone tell you? Only the Platinum group is excempted from the Sports Festival. That means we could only watch and judge everyone during the event." said Suho as a matter-of-factly. 

I make the biggest frown, "Jinja?! That's so unfair! I want to join too!" 

Kai sighs, "Stop whining. Joining that Sports Festival takes too much effort. I'm pretty sure you'll regret joining a game if you join." 

I enlarge my cheeks as I mutter, "As if you weren't that excited when we were kids.." 

He widens his eyes as he slides his hand on my face, "Yah. Stop saying unecessary stuff. Tch." I sulk on my seat as I wait for something amazing to happen.

There was a knock on the door, Kris answers the door to find a messenger boy, who seems to have a letter addressed to us, well that's obvious right? He gives the letter to Kris and leaves. 

"Oh. There's a seal on this. Must be from the Dean, Jongin." Kris slides the letter at the other end of the table where Kai was seated. Kai nabs in on time, slowly ripping the envelope that was already in his hands. 

After a minute of reading, his facial expression drastically changes. "What the hell is this." He throws the letter furiously to where the other members were seated. 

I cock my head to the side, watching the five of them read in silence. Their eyes motion in sync as they read. And finally, Baekhyun smiles "Seems like today's your lucky day, Platinum."

They hand me the letter to read, Dear Platinum Members. It's been a tradition for all the Platinum's to be excempted from the Sports Festival. But since the world is a place filled with changes, I decided to diminish the status of excemption. For this years annual Sports Festival, all of you will have to participate. There will be a teacher that will hand you a list of games to choose from. I hope that this will strengthen the bonds that you have for one another. Sincerely, your Almighty Dean. 

I etch a grin at all of them, "This is great! Really really great! We can participate now!" I squeal in joy. "You're on your own. I'm not joining." brusque Kai. I glance back at him, "Ehhhh?! But the dean said--" "That dean is crazy." He stands from his seat, "I'm going to the Library." said Kai, slamming the door as he makes his way out. 

Sehun whistles, "Aigoo aigo. He's mad at him again." 

"Mad at him? Why would he be mad at the dean?" I ask. Suho grins, "Ignorant as always. Didn't you know? The dean is Jongin's uncle." 

"D-Dean?! Uncle?! Kai's?!" I splurt out. "Yeah. They act like complete strangers, but I heard that they were close before. I don't know what happened though. Family complications I guess?" 

"But Kai listens to the Dean's orders before, right? Like that time about the Fieldtrip assignment? Doesn't that make them close?" 

"Well that's him being the Platinum leader. That's not technically being close with each other." points Luhan out. I thought long for a while, "Then, what if I force Kai to join the Sports Festival. Do you think he'll get closer to his Uncle?"