Chapter 100 : A New Ally

Early Morning. Jihoon's POV.

I couldn't sleep at all last night, all I could think about was what I saw in the festival. The sight of Eun Hee in a beautiful dress while accompanying an older man! I heave a sigh, closing my locker to find my female classmates peeking out the window as if something interesting was happening down below.

Out of curiosity, I went to check what the commotion was about. There, I find Eun Hee accompanied by Chanyeol and the rest of his so-called members that I met during their short stay in Busan when Eun Hee got in trouble.

"Yah yah, our Platinum sure is amazing, huh?" says a nearby female student. "I know right! Achieving 100 million won in the auction yesterday is unbelievable. I heard that she's the only Platinum in the whole history that was able to reach that amount!" says another female student.

"Though, I heard a rumor that she did some underhanded technique and did something more than just accompany the old man in the festival." "Oh, I heard about that too from one of the students in the Bronze class. They say that she slept with that old man the day before and planned that he pays in the auction yesterd—"

"YAH! Eun Hee is not like that! She's a nice girl, she would never do something as dirty as that!!" I snarled at them, instilling fear in their hearts. They quickly disperse in front of me. I huff a sigh. Geez, if Eun Hee were to hear those rumors, she'd probably break down. From the looks of it, I'm sure the rumors haven't reached her...

"Jihoon?" I turn back to find a familiar dimpled face man standing with a drink on hand. "Wait, you're that guy, Yixing, right?" I spoke hoarsely. He smiles, deepening the dimples on his cheek, "Yep, but Lay is fine. I've heard there was a new student from Busan, but I never would have guessed that it was you, Jihoon, what a small world." Says Lay, chuckling under his breath.

I examine his uniform which differs from the bronze and silver students at this University. "Your uniform...You're part of that group, the Platinum group, right?"

He bashfully smiles, "Oh, yeah. Eun Hee is also part of the Platinum group. Have you seen her already? She would be thrilled to see you here!" "I haven't been able to see her, people seem to crowd over her a lot, and I haven't had much time to approach her from all the fuss going about." I spoke honestly.

"Well, I guess this is faith that we ran into each other. I'm on the way to the Platinum room. There's a rule that only Platinum students can enter there, but since you're already acquainted with the rest of the members, we'll make an exemption. Let's go." Says Lay, giving me a good pat on the shoulder before making his way pass me.

I follow behind him silently, heart racing as I scramble my brain to think of what to say to Eun Hee once I see her.

...

Platinum Room. Eun Hee's POV.

"Eun~Hee~" coos Sehun. I snap from my daze, staring up to find Sehun, hands on his back with a childish smile on his face. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize you were there Sehun." He tilts his head at the side, "What's up, Eun Hee~? You've been dazing a lot since yesterday~!" He spoke, quite worried.

I use my hands as a gesture to make sure I'm okay, "S-Sorry, I guess I am still caught up with what happened yesterday." Kyungsoo chuckles from his desk parallel to me, "Well, I'd be in a daze too if someone were to bet a 100 million won on me."

I force a grin on my face, reassuring to Sehun that me being dazed was not a big deal. To be honest, the 100 million won didn't bother me at all. What bothered me was the fact that the old man seemed very familiar to me, as if I have seen him somewhere before. Maybe a dream? Or a distant memory? I'm not sure...