Chapter 14 : Heated Basketball Match

Today marks the Annual Sports Festival for the University students. Many have been waiting for this event and some were just lazily dealing with this until normal classes resume. For the whole week given to us to train, we've manage to prepare ourselves fully to beat the Platinum members. They didn't seem to be training, rather, they seem so calm to the point that it scares me! Aigo. I hope God watches over us today..

...

I pace back and forth over by the drinking fountain, biting my lower lip ever so often as I think of the possible outcomes that might happen today. As I turn, I suddenly bump into Chanyeol who had his arms crossed. "Yah. Didn't you hear me just now?"

I blink thrice, "What? Oh I'm sorry. I didn't hear you at all."

"Don't tell me you're nervous." He adds. I shake my head, "A-Anyeo! Me? Nervous? As if!" He raises a brow, "I've been calling your name for about ten minutes or so just now. I don't think that's called being calm, Eun Hee-ah. Besides, I think you're making a rut by pacing so much."

I sigh, "What do I do, Chanyeol.. I'm having a gut feeling that things won't go well today. What if we actually have the chance to lose!?"

(Well I would be really scared if we actually win.) Chanyeol's thoughts cried out. He pats her head, "Hey now. Just a week ago, you were the one telling me not to think of negative thoughts. Now I'm telling you to think positive. No matter what happens, happens. Alright? Now put that frown upside down~" He forcefully lifts my cheeks up.

I was able to smile just a little, "Y-You're right! Thanks Chanyeol. I don't think I could last without hearing your motivation just now."

He huffs a grunt, "Good. Now let's get a move on, the soccer match is going to begin." I nod as we saunter our way towards the open field. For the whole hour, we watch as Xiumin run head to head with Luhan, who seems to be breaking no sweat at all. His movements were flawless and it seems he wasn't sweating as much compared to Xiumin.

It was a close fight, so to say, but it seems that Team A, the Platinum's representative, won this match. Our team, Team B, was as close to winning if it weren't for that annoying guy that nabbed the soccer ball from Xiumin. As soon as the match ended between two teams, Xiumin defeatedly drags his feet to where we waited.

"That was great, Xiumin! You really did a great job in kicking that ball!" I praise a loud. He frowns, "Thanks for cheering me up, Eun Hee-ah. But it's fine. I'm sorry for losing the game, I should have trained a little more.."

Chen hugs Xiumin from behind, "Didn't my cheer work at all?" Xiumin shakes his head in denial, "It worked! I just didn't have that much energy left in the last round. Mianhae Chen."

Chanyeol firmly pats him on the shoulder, "You tried your best. Like seriously. You looked like a pro football player just now. And don't let this get to you that much, we still have a long way to go before the Sports Festival ends. It is a three day match after all."

Xiumin manages to plaster a small smile. I smile back, "Well then! Let's do our best again! One failure wouldn't stop us from trying, right?!"

"Right!" Our group shouted out loud. Just then, a large shadow casts behind me, "What an envious team spirit Team B has." I turn to find Kai clapping in intervals. He was wearing a sleek jersey outfit that basically stood out from all the uniforms in campus.

I wore a different one to differentiate ourselves. Luhan arrives beside Kai, wiping himself endlessly with a towel, "One failure, huh? Well don't worry about it, there's more to come."

"Yah! Don't be so arrogant! We're only warming up! The next game will be ours for sure!" boast Chanyeol, who was conveniently being held back by Lay and Tao.