Chapter 16 : Unexpected Tennis Outcome

I repeatedly swing my racket back and forth as to practice for the Tennis Match later this Afternoon. Today is the last day of the Sports Festival. The previous days were very stressful due to the tied score we made with Team A. And since we're down to two more games to compete, things has started to heat up even more. 

"She's working really hard. I'm really amazed at her motivation, Chanyeol." said Tao, sucking on a strawberry lollipop. The both of them were casually occupying the vacant bench where they were busily watching Eun Hee swing the racket endlessly.

Chanyeol smirks, "She's a very surprising and interesting person." 

Kyungsoo takes a small sip of his orange juice, "Omo. Don't tell me you've started to take a liking towards her." Chanyeol pushes him off the ledge, "As if! I'm only trying to woo her for the sake of getting back at that Jongin guy. Believe it or not, I'm sure that I'm only steps away before snatching her away." His nose pointed towards the sky. 

Lay rolls his eyes, "You might say that now, but I'm pretty sure you'll develop feelings for her sooner or later." The rest of the gold group nods simultaneously. "Tch. Yah. There's no way in God's name that I'll ever come to like that weird and peasant girl, got it?" They all sigh as they watch Eun Hee finish her swing training. 

She ambles towards Chanyeol's group, smiling with sweat occupied on her forehead, "That was exhausting." "You better rest or you'll end up having no energy to fight against Jongin later." said Xiumin, voluntarily hands Eun Hee's hand towel.

She gleams at him, "Don't worry! I got it under control," she grabs hold of her pink waterjug, "I'll go refill this with water. I'll be right back." She runs along back inside the building. Leaving Team B waiting by the court side. 

Before arriving at the water station. I find Baekhyun exit the men's locker room, wearing a Karate Gi accompanied with a black belt. "Uwaa! Baekhyun!" I said, rushing a meter away from him. He eyesmiles, "Oh. Platinum. Hello there." 

I chuckle, "You look really pro in that outfit, Baekhyun! Like super! I didn't recognize you for a moment there!" He sheepishly places a hand at the back of his nape, "You're flattering me too much, Platinum. I really appreciate your kind words." 

A man around his thirties dashes beside Baekhyun, "Mr. Byun. The match starts in ten minutes. Be ready by then." He seconds later starts running to who knows where. 

"Well, I better go get ready before the match starts. Please excuse me.." He makes a small bow, starting his way at the opposite side of where I was headed. "Ah! Baekhyun! Wait!" I holler. He cease to look back at where I was. I grab hold of his hand, giving him a paper doll that had the handwritten words of 'Fighting'

"Platinum.." He stared at it, speechless. "That's for goodluck for your match later. I know it's strange for the me to give such a thing to my rival. But a friend is a friend after all. I'm sure that both of you will fight equally with one another." I swat his shoulder, "I'll watch your match later on. Fighting, Baekhyun!" I etch one last smile before heading down to the water station.

Baekhyun tightly holds onto the paper doll, still speechless after some time. 

Eun Hee arrived by the water station, she left her waterjug standing by the water dispenser as it automatically fills. She refreshingly washes her face with cool tap water by the side. "Aigooo. It's so hot out today.." I remark, still busy dowsing my entire face with water.

"You could say that again." A deep and chilling voice sounded behind. I speedily turn to find Kai with his usual arrogant smirk. "K-K-Kai!" 

"You should really stop getting all surprised when you see me. It's getting way annoying you know." He clicks his tongue, gulping down water from his jug. He eyes me pompously, touching loose strands of my hair, "I can't wait.. to order you around. Just like a ring wrapped around my finger.." He chuckles.