Chapter 64 : Flashback to 1994 | Part 2

Music Room. EunHa's POV.

"Wait.. Are we talking about the same Chulwoo oppa or is there some other Chulwoo oppa you're referring to?" I asked calmly. Yebin covers her face with both her fragile hands, "Come on, EunHa. This is no laughing matter!" She spoke. I slump back at the sofa seat, trying to process what she has told me. "So... What made you like him anyway? It's not like he has any special traits or something.." I choke out loud with a disgusted tone.

She reveals her face slowly, displaying her reddish cheeks that spread across her entire face. "You may say that since you've known him the longest out of all three of us but.. to me, he's the most perfect guy I've ever laid eyes on. Just seeing, no, just thinking about him makes me think that this heart disease is nothing. What more if he were to be by my side and taking care of me.. I'm sure my recovery would be twice as fast if he's around more often."

I straighten my back up, gawking at her. "Yah, don't think that way! You already have Jonghyun to take care of you every day! Sheesh, you're already twice as lucky 'cause you're always with Jonghyun.." I mutter at the very end of my sentence. She glances almost immediately at my way, "Did I just hear what I just heard?" A smile soon expands on her face.

I delicately smack her arm with a scoff, "Yah, why are we even on topic with this! We're talking about how you got to like that freak! All he cares about is his studies and how important his Mother's laundry service is! A-Anyway, I'm going to get a coffee bun in the cafeteria!" I skip my way towards the door, only looking back at her with my index finger pointed at her. "Oh, and you better think twice if you're going to confess to him, Yebin! I'm telling you this 'cause you're my best friend: Don't confess to him or you'll regret it!"

...

Outside the Music Room. EunHa's POV.

The moment I step out of the music room, it was Jonghyun who I bumped into of all people. My heart fluttered out my chest as I accidentally step on his leather shoes. I clear my throat, lowering my gaze away from him while I muttered a silent, "S-Sorry.."

I could feel his eyes pointed at my way, and briefly to the Music Room. "Is Yebin in here?" He spoke. I nod my head once for a reply, "Y-Yeah, she's in really deep thought so I advise that you give her this time to think.." I watch as Jonghyun place both his hands inside his front pockets. "I see.. But that's not for her own choice to make, is it now? As the most valuable person in my Father's hospital, it's only best for me to be by her side always."

I clench onto blazer, looking the other way as he passed by me. I turn around to find his back faced at me, "W-Wait, Jonghyun.." He cease in place, almost looking up the ceiling, probably with a tiresome look on his face again. "Look, EunHa.. How many times do I have to tell you? I cannot accept your confession. Even if you continue to pester me that you'll wait for me to be ready, my answer will be a no." "B-But oppa, please..--"

The hand that clenched onto his jacket was taken forcefully off of me, surprising me yet again by his strong nature. "EunHa, I said sto--" "Omo, what's this? Are you guys fighting?" It was Yebin, at the very exact time before Jonghyun blew a fume at me again. I sneakily hide my hand at my back, getting a cold sweat just above my right eye brow.

"N-Nothing! Nothing is happening, I.. we were just teasing each other again! So, uhm, t-the coffee bread.. I-I'll just go on ahead first. See you at class, Yebin!" I spun the other way, speeding up my walk to the direction of the cafeteria. It was not the first time Jonghyun and I had times like those, but no matter how much he scolds me for being stubborn about the confession I gave him two months ago, I still can't steer my heart from beating away from him..

...

The next day. Sunday Afternoon. EunHa's POV.

"Yah, Jong EunHa. Aren't you suppose to be out today? Why are you being a couch potato, huh?" I look behind with a sesame cookie in my mouth. "What's it to you, nerd? Don't you see that I'm being a free potato right now? Go away before I kick you on the chin again." I said, already giving him a warning with my foot inches away from his chin.