Chapter 73: Double Trouble

Start from the beginning

"Because I got frustrated when it didn't open when I pulled on it, so I slammed my hands into it and it pushed open and whacked the wall behind it. I didn't mean for it to do that!"

Faye could hear Nelson sighing deeply in both irritation and disappointment. "You know what Nick, forget about the doors. If you had woken them up, someone would've been down here by now to check on us, so just go and put the bag down already."

"Where?"

"I don't know. You're older. You figure it out."

"By only twenty minutes! I need help! I don't want to hide this just anywhere. What if someone finds it?! We're screwed if that happens!"

"Ugh! Do I have to do everything myself?! Just put it in the closet, behind the clothes or something."

"Isn't that too obvious?!"

"If you're so concerned about where to put it Nick, then figure it out on your own!"

From outside Faye could hear the brothers exchanging what sounded like punches at one another. The grunting and yelping they made from the impacts made her face cringe.

"Get your act together Nick! Beating me up isn't going to solve our problem! We've got what we need already! All we need to do is wait until we hear back from them before meeting up to deliver the bag. We don't have to fight about this anymore!"

"Says the guy who tried choking me out first!"

"Hey! You threw the first punch!"

"Because your as stubborn as can be Nelson. Sometimes I just wish you'd help me out."

"I did help Nick. I'm the one who came up with this plan. I don't know what else you want from me!"

"Anything Nelson. Literally anything. All I wanted help with was finding a place to hide the bag. Was that so hard?!"

There was a loud sigh followed by a few seconds of silence.

"You know what, fine Nick, I'm sorry. It's just we haven't pulled something off like this since we were teens. I'm just nervous about it all."

"I am too, but we have to do this. You know that." Nick chuckled with his casual playful tone. "Besides, it hasn't been that long since we were kids. We haven't lost it yet."

"Still we've never pulled something off to this extent. Or this important for that matter."

"Breathe Nelson, we'll do fine. We've already got it started anyways. There's no turning back now. We've just got to wait for them to respond to our message."

Hearing Nelson tossing something onto the ground, a clash came from the room. "That could take hours though. Maybe days. Or weeks. We don't have that kind of time. I only took a week off of work to be here."

"I know, I took a week off too. We'll just have to hope that's long enough."

"But what if it's not? We didn't exactly think this entirely through before we sent the message out."

"Then we'll figure it out if it comes to that. And plus what's wrong with not thinking everything through. It's how we used to do it."

"Exactly it's how we used to do it...when we were kids. We didn't know any better."

"Relax Nelson, what's the worst that can happen?"

"We screw this up and Nina won't ever want to see or talk to us again...mom finds out and we'll have to listen to her ramble about how stupid this idea was until we die...or how about making a mess large enough that we won't know how to clean it up!"

"...Okay." Nick clicked his tongue. "You have a point...but lighten up Nelson. Have some faith in us. I know I think it'll work out."

"You always do. It's always your idea to do something like this anyways."

"But it's always your genius brain that comes up with our schemes."

"Whatever..." Faye could hear someone pacing around in the room. "I just hope we can make it through this without being torn to shreds."

"As long as we don't say anything until we know for sure everything is going to end up exactly how we planned, then we'll be fine."

"And if things go south?"

"Then you'll always have me to rely on when we're outcasted."

"Wow. Thanks Nick. So assuring."

"Anytime little bro."

"And stop calling me that. I'm not even that younger than you."

"I'm pretty sure you were the one who pointed out the fact that I'm older."

"Only by twenty minutes." Nelson grunted.

"Still older."

What Faye anticipated to be the start to a new argument, instead lead to a loud eruption of laughter from within.

"Now hurry up and throw that bag in the closet already. I want some breakfast." Nelson said with a cheerful tone to his voice.

"Fine." There was a loud bang that rang out as if Nickolas had tossed this bag into the closet before a shuffle of motion happened within.

"Are you sure it's hidden well enough?"

"It's under my pile of dirty laundry, something tells me we'll be fine."

"It amazes me that someone is willing to marry you."

"Hey my charm is better than my dirty laundry."

"Whatever you say Prince Charming."

Laughing as the brothers approached the door, in one clean swing Nelson had opened the door not wanting a repeat of earlier. 

And outside they were met with nothing but empty space.

Walking out towards the kitchen as they were still mumbling about their conversation from earlier, Faye came out from her hiding spot in the living room before ushering her way upstairs without a single peep.
———————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off