Chapter 72: Mood Shifts

Start from the beginning

"Glad to know you girls have good taste. Next time I come over I'll bring more pie."

Simultaneously all three girls squealed in joy.

"You don't have to do that Nelson. I know you get busy with work too." His sister said not wanting him to worry.

"It's not a problem, N, I don't mind. Gives me a chance to test out a new pie combination I've been wanting to try anyways. Work won't be an issue." He smirked.

"Ew work." Faye gaged causing the couple and brothers to laugh in response.

"I know. It is ew." Nickolas continued playing along as he stuck his tongue out in disgust.

Giggling as the brothers kept making silly faces it wasn't much longer until the girls plates were completely empty.

But after many laughs it was finally time to put the girls to bed. With the twins offering to clean up the dishes, the couple happily accepted so they could wash their little girls for the night.

One at a time Nina stayed in the bathroom helping one of their girls at a time while Lain kept the others occupied in their room until all three of their girls were nice and clean.

Once they were all done, Lain sat on Faye's bed with Kaila in her lap as the other girls played in the room while Nina showered. Listening to Kaila sucking on her pacifier and her other girls laughter, Lain smiled with ease.

Their was peace in the house.

"Mind if we join?" Nick asked from the doorway with Nelson behind him as both men were in their pajamas as well.

"Not at all." Lain welcomed them into Faye's room. Taking a seat at the side of their sister-in-law the brothers looked down at Kaila in her arms smiling sweetly.

"Can I hold her?" Nick asked hesitantly.

Lain nodded being mindful of the sleepy state Kaila was in as she carefully passed her little girl over and into Nickolas's arms.

The girl wiggled slightly as the crinkle from her diaper echoed out loudly.

Nickolas seemed flushed as he could feel the material through Kaila's onesie, but seeing how she eventually settled in his arms, he was too capsulated by her cuteness.

And to Lain's surprise Kaila didn't seem to mind either, instead she focused mainly on his grip. It was firm yet gentle and she fit right into his arms. Curling up closer to his chest, Kaila laid peacefully as she let her eyes continue fluttering shut.

"Wow she looks so small with you!" Nelson exclaimed.

"She really does." The oldest of the twins began bouncing the girl in his lap. "Aren't you just a small one?" He smirked as Kaila mumbled a response before her eyes finally shut.

"Mommy come play." Lauren ran over before tugging on Lain's arm.

Chuckling as she looked towards the brothers she asked. "You guys got her?" She asked about the sleeping girl in Nick's arms.

"How hard can it be? She's sleeping after all." Nelson shrugged with confidence.

"Alright then, let's go play." She said towards Lauren as they joined Faye on the ground with a mixture of dolls, stuffies, and random objects between them.

Moving in closer to his brothers side, Nelson smiled seeing his brother so happy with the little one in his arms. "You're good with her, you know."

"Thanks." Nickolas said holding Kaila higher up on his chest as he rested his head against hers.

But with the sudden lift Nelson was able to spot something on the back of Kaila's neck. It seemed to be a scar or bruise that traveled down into her back. "Hey what's that?" He pointed at it.