:: twenty-six ::

in walked the very last person both dream and george wanted to see that night.

"you said no to strip pong, what about truth or strip?" she tried to rest on the doorway in a pleasing manner. dream cringed.

"why are you always trying to get me to strip? didnt quackity say upstairs is only for the guys?" dream was seriously confused as to why she gravitated towards him. he gave her nothing in return.

"i'll be downstairs, you two have fun."

dream watched as george stood from the bed, walking to the door. he tried to telepathicly beg george not to leave him with her but it was to no avail. she sat down next to him and watched him pet the cat.

"you know it's funny because my name is cat," she kept talking but dream tuned her out. she started laughing and one of her hands landed on his bicep. his eyes moved from the cat to where she was squeezing his arm.

"oh, do you okay basketball? my ex played basketball." he looked up at her from the hand on his bicep. he didn't have the heart to tell her to get lost with words. he was hoping she'd get the idea.

...she didn't.

he felt his phone buzz, turning it on to that wonderful picture of george. he smiled at the screen.

she peeked at his phone."are you guys brothers or something?"

he ignored her, and open the message from 'better than sapnap'.

come find me :)

he smiled at the message. then another came in

be fast

so with that, he clicked off his phone.

"it was fun, well actually it wasn't. i have places to be. and last time i checked you aren't allowed up here." he stared at her.

"demanding." she smirked at him.

he wasn't about to deal with her. he'd just tell quackity's to double check she didn't steal anything before she left. so he stood from the bed and walked out of the room. simple. this leads into the third mistake of the night.

he ventured down the stairs, and looked around to find quackity. when he spotted him in a group of girls he rolled his eyes. "quackity."

quackity turned to where his name was being called and excused himself to speak with dream.

"theres a girl in your room right now...and she isn't planning on having sex with you."

quackity's eyes widened, he ran from dream. probably to his room.

dream finally had nothing on his hands, except a beautiful boy who seemed to be hiding from him. the music was much quieter, the walls of the house no longer mimicked how he was feeling in his stomach. the house stopped vibrating, and there was more room for fresh air.

he made his way from room to room, checking under tables and chairs, anywhere he could imagine george would wander. he spent so much time looking for him, but never found him. he figured maybe sapnap had a hint. so to sapnap he went.

"do you know where george is hiding?"

sapnap looked at him like he was crazy. "why is george hiding?"

dream stared back at him. "i don't know, did he tell you where he was going to hide?"

"no?"

"what about karl? did he tell karl?"

"dream, if he didn't tell me why would he tell karl?"

dream nodded, sporting a frown. "that makes sense."

so he stepped back into the house, determined to find george. as soon as he was in the house, he accidentally glanced into the kitchen to see a familiar face sitting alone on the island. so obviously he walked over.

"what happened to hiding?" dream spoke quietly, they were the only two in the kitchen. george looked up to see dream and forced a smile.

"are you alright?" george turned to look him in response. dream smiled at him. and george nodded.

"this is a lame hiding spot." dream looked around in the fluorescent lit kitchen. george giggled. shy under the direct gaze of dream.

"i wasn't hiding here the whole time." george turned his face to hide in his shoulder.

"well what's the big idea? why are you here now?" dream figured it be easiest if he sat next to george instead of standing directly in front of him.

"i left, because you saw my messages but you didn't respond, so i didn't think you'd actually come look for me." dream nearly smacked himself in the face.

"i'm sorry. if you want to play again i'll close my eyes?" dream nudged george's shoulder with his. george shook his head.

"i have a migraine, maybe next time."

dream frowned. he jumped down from the counter and grabbed a cup and filled it from the same water cooler from before. he walked over to george and handed it to him.

"what is this?" george pointed to the cup, scared to sniff it.

"just water."

he pulled off his bag and started rummaging around for something he knew would be in there. out he pulled a bottle of anti inflammatory tablets. he handed the bottle to george and watched as he tipped two into the center of his palm, dream took note of this for future reference.

unlike dream, george cherished the water, taking small sips from time to time. dream smiled at him when george handed him back the bottle.

"you're just amazing in every way aren't you?" george returned the smile.

"what do you mean?" dream decided against sitting next to george so he could watch the entirety of the blush settle across his face.

"you're just so nice, i don't think you'd hurt a fly."

dream smiled, "i'd hurt sapnap though."

george laughed, "i think a fly would also hurt sapnap."

"i can't believe you'd think i was trying to talk to that girl, i was literally mind begging you to stay."

george rubbed his hands on his thighs with a smile.

"i'd marry sapnap before i talk to her again, bros before hoes. you know?"