75.Mack Hartford x Reader

You've been apart of the overdrive team for a while now ever since your good friend/crush Mack had called you from your research facility in Shanghai, you remember the day quite clearly as you were going over some analytics for a prototype weapon for a private investor to your team when your pager started buzzing. At first, you tried to ignore it but once Mack's name popped up, something inside you urged to pick it up. You hadn't spoken to him in a couple of years since you left and whatever he was calling you for had to be something important. Well, you answered it and felt your heart race once you heard him on the phone, starting he asked how you were and you could fondly remember pulling up a chair and twirling a lock of your hair as you spoke to him. After catching up he finally dropped the bomb " Y/n I know it's been some time and you'll probably not going to believe me but will you be willing to join me and my father's team as part of the power rangers to find some missing powerful stones on ancient knights crown and fight against these 2 brothers who were mutated into fire and ice who also want the stones" he said in a breath.

You paused in disbelief and didn't speak for a while as he called out to you asking if you were okay, " Mack have you been falling out of trees again because I can do a couple of scans to make sure everything is okay?" You replied after getting back on earth. Mack gave you a hearty chuckle " Believe me I've only fallen out of trees once and I'm being real no matter how crazy it is and can I count on you to be there for old time sakes?" He asked in his puppy dog voice. You rolled your eyes and agreed a small smile playing on your lips, soon you were on a private jet heading to the Hartford manor leaving behind your Shanghai facility. Although you'd miss out on creating prototypes and weapons, helping out an old friend or love as you might say was the best thing you could've ever done.

Reminiscing the past was fun you thought, Speaking of Mack you hadn't heard from him since the battle today with miratrix and kamador after he and the others had returned he kept repeating " Good thing". He probably hit his head somewhere and as a result, is repeating certain phrases but regardless it's dangerous as it could mean some type of damage could've occurred which is why Mr. Hartford and Spencer were so worried but regardless I hope he's okay " you thought to yourself as you wielded some copper hinges to a new blaster you had proposed and would be showcasing to the team tonight when suddenly Will walked in or more like slithered in.

" Hey, y/n watcha up to?" He asked pulling beside you, " Wielding metal to a new project"  you said not looking up from your work, Will simply nodded in agreement and the room fell silent except for the wielder once more. After a bit he finally did a small grunt " Erm so y/n are you going to busy this weekend" he suddenly pipped up. " Yes, I will be along with the next weekend, the weekend after and all the other weekends coming up" you answered and you could feel Will growing small in the corner. " Well um let me know when you have a weekend off," he said slipping out of the laboratory. Once he was gone you made a small chuckle, it's not like you didn't like Will it's just you didn't see him in the same way he saw you your heart could only hold one person and that was Mack Hartford sadly for Will.  

Finishing the blaster up you deemed it ready to be shown to Mr. Hartford and the others when suddenly Mack walked a bit unhappy " You okay Mack?" You asked a bit concerned since you've rarely seen him unhappy. " Y/n I-" he paused about to head out, " Mack spit it out I'm your friend and you can trust me," you said moving away from the blaster and coming towards him. " If I spoke you wouldn't understand," he said not meeting your eyes. " Mack, what's going on? You were acting funny repeating " Good thing" over and over now you can't talk to me," you asked. Mack did a small huff and meet your eyes, " Y/n what I'm about to tell you is going to change the courtship of our relationship as even I can't understand it", " Mack we've been friends for a couple of years now but I feel as if I've known you for a lifetime, whatever you have to say you can tell me" you said.