Chapter 64: Double Date

Start from the beginning

"Why?" Kaila yawned.

"Because mama needs to talk with some people about some important things."

Just nodding as she didn't entirely care what it was about, Kaila curled into the woman's loving touch.

But before Nina knew it, her grace period had run up. With only half an hour to waste, she stood up with Kaila. "Let's go see what sissy's watching in the living room."

Seeing Faye happily watching her film outside, Nina asked. "Can Kaila join you, honey?"

Nodding happily as she patted the spot besides her, Nina sat Kaila down besides Faye. "You girls be good for mommy and Grammy tonight. Mama will be back to give you girls kisses before bed time."

After an exchange of hugs the girls let the woman go so they could return to their movie.

Walking over to the bottom of the stairs Nina inhaled deeply as she shouted up. "I'll...I'll be back." As she turned away to leave, Nina could hear footsteps approaching the stairs.

Thinking it was Lauren coming to tell her goodbye, the woman paused in her tracks turning around as she looked up shocked when the person behind the footsteps came into view. "Lain?"

"What?" Her wife crossed her arms as she walked down in nearly the same attire. Sweats and a sweater.

"I...I'm uh. Going now, for the dinner. I'll-I'll uh be back soon."

"I'm coming too." She pointed out in a monotone voice raising an eyebrow.

"Oh...I just thought that with the outfit and all..."

"What, that I wasn't going to go?"

"Well yeah."

"You're dressed like this." Lain pointed out as she aimed her finger up and down her wife's body.

"Well cause I'm not going to dress up for this occasion."

"Then we're on the same page. That'll be the first for today. Now hurry up. I want to get this over with as fast as we can." Lain stormed off leaving Nina in shock. "Are you coming?" Her wife asked as she turned around tapping her feet.

Catching up Nina got into her car as she nervously buckled in. "I-" she tried to apologize before she met with the hand.

"Don't. I'm just doing this for our girls. If what you said is true, and they'll leave us alone after this, then it better be worth it." Lain said before she slouched in her seat zoning into her phone to avoid talking to her wife.

Taking it as a sign Nina took off towards their meeting point. Coming along to a fancy restaurant with antique like brick walls and decor, the couple stared ahead of them. "I really wish I didn't dress so casual now. Nobody ever shows up here underdressed." Lain said in slight embarrassment as she looked at both her and her wife's attire.

"It doesn't matter what your wearing, we're not staying long anyways. Just order, eat, and then we can go home." Nina tried to comfort.

Building up the courage to walk out, the couple were met with a few staring eyes as they walked into the restaurant where a man with an apron over his waist stood behind a podium looking at the women with a cocky look on his face.

"Can I help you ladies?" He asked looking at them with displeasure.

"We're here to meet up with some people." Nina informed.

"The name?" He said flipping through the reservations list.

"Um-" Nina's mind went blank she didn't know what to say. She didn't know their names! Stuttering as she tried to think, she was interrupted by a loud cough coming from the side.