Chapter 63: You What

Start from the beginning

Dragging her anxiously out of the room, Nina took Lain downstairs and into the guest bedroom before having a conversation. Wanting to do it in privacy she shut the door behind her as Lain crossed her arms looking at her wife waiting for an explanation. "Are you going to tell me where you actually went now?"

"I...may have done something...you know...just a little...stupid."

"A little stupid?" She put her hands on her hips as she cocked her eyebrow. "Babe what did you do? Do I have to hire a lawyer?" She said rolling her eyes.

"No you don't have to call anybody. I-uh-I may have...you know...w-went to pay those guys from last night a visit."

"YOU WHAT?! Nina why would you do that?! You don't know what those guys are capable of?! What if they killed you?! What if we never saw you again?! Why were you even there in the first place?!"

"I wanted to give them a piece of my mind about storming into our home and about bombarding our girls! I was just trying to keep us safe by making sure they wouldn't come back."

Rubbing her head roughly, Lain felt like she needed a drink before her wife could continue on. However, skipping the drink she went straight to questions. "Did you at least get them to agree to leave us alone?"

"K-kinda..."

"Kinda? Babe I don't understand."

"I made a deal with them." Nina started as Lain nodded as she was following along so far. "In exchange for them to leave us alone forever, they had just one request."

"Which was?"

"Well you see we-we have to..." she gulped trying her best to push back telling her wife.

"To what, babe?! Spit it out!"

"We have to go.on.a.date.with.them." She said putting a long break between each word trying not to vomit as she spoke.

"Your joking right?" Lain nearly chuckled in disbelief. But seeing her wife's face drop only made the seriousness of the situation dawn upon her.

"Ok I know it's bad...but that's not the worst of it yet." Nina scratched her head.

Already feeling lightheaded Lain was surprised to find out her wife had been up to more evil doing. "How can it be worst than that?!"

"We have to meet with them...tonight."

"Tonight?! Forget it babe! I'm not going!" Lain shouted as she slapped her wife across the face. "What were you thinking?! What was going through your head when you decided that going on a date with these men were a good idea?!"

Holding her face in pain, Nina turned back to look at her wife but there was no way she was getting a word in.

"I'm not going Nina! I don't care what deal you made with them or what their end of the deal was! I am not fucking going on a date with some lunatics! Your crazy out of your mind for thinking I'd be okay with this!" Before Nina had a chance to say anything in defense, Lain stormed out of the room.

Nina tried to follow her but as soon as she got close to her wife, Lain turned around giving the woman another loud ringing slap across the face. Standing in defeat at the bottom of the stairs as her wife left towards their bedroom, Nina was nearly knocked down to the floor when a pile of her clothes came hurling down from the second floor.

"Don't you even think about coming up here!" Her wife shouted from the top of the stairs.

Nina could hear the pain in her voice.

Sighing as she rubbed the pink handprints left on her cheeks, Nina grabbed her clothes and walked shamefully back into the guest bedroom. Making use of the space she made herself right at home.

As she finished settling herself down, she checked the time seeing it was nearly noon. Hiding away into the covers of the bed, she tried her best to go back to sleep for the time being. However, that proved to be hard when the stinging on her cheek worsened as she laid her head against the pillow.

Staring up at the ceiling instead Nina couldn't even fathom what to make of her mess.

Meanwhile, after Lain stormed back to her bedroom, the woman returned still piping hot as she got besides her girls.

Each of them noticing the sad and disappointed look on her face. "Mommy?" Kaila was the first to sit up.

Taking a deep breathe the woman calmed herself down before making any of her girls upset. "What is it Kaila?"

"Milk?" She asked when the woman returned empty handed.

Sighing Lain got back into bed with them, opening her arms she wanted nothing but to curl up with her girls. "Mommy's sorry sweetheart. I forgot about that." They could hear her strained voice. It saddened them to know something was wrong. Especially when the knew Nina wouldn't be coming to join them any time soon.

"Mama?" Lauren asked as she climbed back on top of Lain, nuzzling her head against the woman's chest.

"Mama's going to be downstairs for a while, honey."

"Why?" The little girl stuck her thumb into her mouth as she questioned the woman.

"She just made a very bad mistake and this is her punishment." Lain explained as best she as she could to the curious girls.

"Can I see mama?" Faye asked from the edge of the bed.

Sighing Lain nodded. While she wanted nothing to do with Nina for the time being, she knew better than to deprive her wife of the girls they loved more than life.

Disappearing out of the room, Faye made her way downstairs finding bits of clothes left behind at the bottom of the staircase. Taking them with her, she walked around trying to find Nina when she finally came to the shut door of the guest bedroom.

Knocking with her empty hand she waited. "Mama?" She called softly.

When there was no response she tried again. "Mama?"

Going for a third time her knock was stopped as the door opened. Standing at the opposite end, Faye could see Nina's puffy eyes and the water marks that were left on her cheeks. Without saying a word the girl instantly pushed past the door hugging the woman in comfort.

Feeling Nina press a kiss onto her head, Faye was lifted off the ground and carried into the room. Locking the door behind them, Nina got back into bed with her little girl as they held onto one another for the rest of the evening.

"Why are you and mommy sad?" She hesitantly asked.

Trying to hold back her tears, Nina didn't want her little girl to see her so upset. "Because mama made a very stupid decision that mommy didn't like at all."

"What was it?"

Shaking her head she couldn't bring herself to say it again.

Faye snuggled closer to the woman. "Love you." She said trying to comfort her as she rested her head against Nina's chest.

"I love you too."

Closing their eyes, the two of them tried to rest for the remainder of the evening.

Nina could feel her little girls calm breathing besides her. Mimicking that she kept her breathing stable as she panicked about what to do tonight.
———————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off