Reflection

This has been bugging me a little recently so today we are talking about "What went wrong with 'Winter Pillows'?"

Traveling back in time when I first started the book, I had an idea. Which was, a Wattpad writer gets kicked out of their house and stays with a fan. At the time I liked the idea a lot, so much so that I published this book pretty spontaneously.

Because of this, I didn't have much preplanned. I didn't have many noted either. All I had was BUNCHES of ideas and scenes written down. 

This was also one of the first books I had written that included text edits. And is the only one that remains with text edits, because all my other ideas have been removed or reused in a different format. 

You can see in my author's notes, in the beginning, I only planned to have around 80 chapters of the book. And when I see comments that say 'It feels like an ending' when Taekook got together was because THAT WAS THE ENDING. 

Originally that was where the book was supposed to end. 

But I still had more ideas. I wanted to do more things.

So I tried to string all these ideas together and I believe that's when it fell apart. I started to lose track of certain details and ideas I had added in the past and I was only focused on the new ideas in my head at the moment. 

Which actually really upsets me, because I love small details you can look back on and notice certain tells about a character. 

I feel like you can tell that I lost track of my ideas and struggled with connecting them. I feel like you can also tell that I lost the inspiration to write the story. You can see in my author's notes that my update schedule for this book changed A LOT. 

There are some chapters I'm proud of, that I think are written well. But there are also chapters that I feel are forced, and that you can tell.

I'm not saying I'm going to delete this book, because I'll keep it up for people to enjoy. But I am saying that I'm not necessarily proud of it. I prefer some of the other things I've written that are better planned out and managed. 

I am glad that people liked this book though, and I'm fully aware it's not the best. But I hope you look forward to the future taekook fics that I have planned because I feel those are a better reflection of my writing.

I purple you all, my lemon drop bunnies. <3