84

Jungkook smiled as everyone chatted and was glad to be back at Taehyung's house. 

"I think this calls for some music! I have a playlist for when you break up with hoes!" Jin told opening his Spotify. 

"Uh... Don't tell me you were planning on playing that when I'm around." Namjoon told peaking at a few of the songs on the playlist. 

"No dummy I plan to marry you." Jin pinched Namjoon's cheek as they smiled at each other. 

"WHERE'S THE RING?" Yoongi called from across the room making Hoseok and Jimin elbow him at the same time. 

Jin rolled his eyes and connected his phone to Taehyung's speaker as Congratulations by Eric Nam started to play. 

Jungkook clapped his hands excitedly swinging his hips to the beat. 

Congratulations
You're finally leaving
Let's throw a party here tonight
And toast to the end of you and I
Congratulations
You finally mean it
Let's throw a party here tonight
And raise up a glass
To our last goodbye

"You leave and I pave the way~" Jungkook hummed the lyrics as he began to dance. Sure Mingyu and his friends made him remember a time before he got kicked out. But Taehyung and this group erased the pain entirely and gave him a new family after the one he had abandoned him. 

"AYYY! OH! OH! OH YEAH! GET SOME! AYYY! AY! AY!" The group chanted hyping up Jungkook's dancing. 

Bogum rolled his eyes and gave Taehyung a shove in Jungkook's direction. 

What?

He was doing what every good friend would do and be a great wingman. 

Taehyung chuckled and started dancing with Jungkook. 

"Y'all be cute but my boyfriends are better!" Yoongi called boasting about Hoseok and Jimin. 

"I'm sitting out of this one" Jin said as the four started their own little dance battle. 

Many songs about leaving shitty people behind later a slower song played. Congratulations.

Yes again. But this time by a group called Day6.

I don't even know how I can talk to you now
It's not you, the you who talks to me anymore
And sure I know that sometimes it gets hard
But even with all my love, what we had
You just gave it up

Jungkook smiled as Taehyung offered his hand in a dance. Namjoon and Jin dancing in the corner. Yoongi, Jimin, and Hoseok figuring out how to dance with the three of them. Then Bogum giving everyone a thumbs up and cradling a bottle of wine.  

Thought we were meant to be
I thought that you belonged to me
I'll play the fool instead
Oh but then I know that this is the end

Jungkook let the lyrics of the song sink in as he thought about Mingyu. Tomorrow he'd go get his stuff. He wondered if Wonwoo would be there.

Congratulations, glad you're doing great, woah
Congratulations, how are you okay, woah
How could you be so fine
I can see it in your eyes
The same look that you gave me, that kills me inside, oh

How long had Mingyu's thing with Wonwoo been going on? Had everyone else known? Did they just not care about him enough to tell him?

I don't even need to ask, yeah
I know you too damn well, yeah
I can see that smile and can tell that you did more than move on

Four years of knowing someone... Two years of dating... Only to have it end because they slept with someone else.

I hate that you're happy
I hope that you can't sleep
Just knowing that I could be with somebody new
That I'd be just like you

He could be with someone new. The person with his arms around his waist that was dancing with him right now. Jungkook's lip twitched upward, at how much Mingyu hated Taehyung. Maybe because he knew... That Jungkook liked him. 

So hey, there's a couple of things I should
Say to you, I promise I'd be good if I could
But yeah, I'm sorry I'm not sorry
I can't be happy for you now

Jungkook thought about if Mingyu would move on and start dating Wonwoo. Would they be happy together? Or would Mingyu cheat on Wonwoo? He doesn't think he could ever forgive Mingyu for what he put him through or be happy for him.  

And hey, that's great
Must be nice to not feel anything
Cause I'm feeling just the same way, okay
I don't give a-

Jungkook hummed placing his head on Taehyung's shoulder. Did Mingyu feel bad for cheating on him? Or getting him kicked out? Even if he did he clearly didn't feel bad in the moment. 

Yeah, really wow girl congratulations
You couldn't wait two months, so impatient
Your SNS page is now full of smiley faces
But I'm singing this with DAY6, so I give you my best wishes
Cause I am over you, we're overdue
No problem saying "How do you do"
Oh I've been good
My Days have been so good to me, thankfully
Oh, you used to be a muse to me
My best memory, truthfully
But that's about it
THE END

Jungkook looked around at the group that surrounded him. His family. This is the place he would make new memories. Happy memories to replace all the bad ones. With Jin and Namjoon at the boba shop. With Yoongi, Jimin and Hoseok. Even Bogum too. And of course, Taehyung the one he wanted to make lasting memories with the most...

Congratulations, so you win again, woah
Congratulations, you just took away, woah
Our memories so far
They're gone, just like you are
Now, all I have is me, and it's getting too hard

In a way, Mingyu won. Because he tricked Jungkook into getting hurt a second time. But to Jungkook, he was the winner because he threw Mingyu out of his life. And got Taehyung and his new family in return. He wasn't alone anymore. He had all these amazing people to support him. 

I saw it on your face, yeah
I knew you too damn well, yeah
I heard you laugh and knew that you did more than move on

Jungkook looked up at Taehyung who simply smiled at him, letting Jungkook enjoy the song. Jungkook smiled back as they looked into each other's eyes. 

I hate that you're happy
I hate that I can't sleep
Keep thinking about how he now seems better off, too
Just like I was with you

The song came to an end and Jungkook smiled. He was happy now. He didn't care if Mingyu was or wasn't. Jungkook looked at Taehyung and joined their lips together in a kiss. 

And Taehyung kissed back. 

~

Don't mind me just casually promoting Day6 and Eric Nam. (I was originally going to add Other People as well, I forgive Amber but I wasn't sure what other people's reactions would be so I left it out.) 

Wow this is technically the longest chapter in this book.
Eh it'll be trumped by the smut chapter I have planned.