59

Jungkook kept his head hung low as he watched Taehyung hum to himself while cooking ramen.

"Taehyung..." Jungkook mumbled fiddling with the hem of his shirt. "I... I'm going to move out soon..."

Taehyung stopped humming. "Oh..." Taehyung turned the stove off and approached Jungkook. "Any... Reason?" Had Taehyung gotten too comfortable the other day? Did he push a little too much?

"Well, this was only temporary... And Mingyu offered a place to stay so..." Jungkook told with a sigh.

Taehyung's chest hurt at the word 'temporary' even though it was true. "We'll still be friends, right? You'll still work at the bar and visit Jin's boba tea shop right?" He asked grasping at straws to keep the younger close to him.

"Of course!" Jungkook told finally looking up to meet Taehyung's eyes. "I'll keep in contact with you!"

Taehyung flashed a small smile. "If you ever need a place to stay... I'll always be here. The loft will be open for you..." He said placing his hand on top of Jungkook's.

Jungkook chuckled. "What if someone else comes to live here?"

"Like who?" Taehyung mumbled tracing circles on the back of Jungkook's hand before intertwining their fingers.

"I don't know... your partner..." Jungkook muttered back, eyes transfixed on their hands. How perfectly they clasped together, how soft Taehyung's skin felt against his own. He gave Taehyung's hand a light squeeze before pulling his hand away. "Sorry... I shouldn't."

"Right..." Taehyung told sadly. "Well... The loft will be open for you. I promise..."