Chapter 59: Disappearing Act

Start from the beginning

"Then we'd better hurry if we don't want to miss it." Nina said grabbing hold of Kaila's hand before they frantically searched for the shark exhibit. After their breathing picked up from their hard efforts to find the right place, they arrived just in time to watch the sharks get fed.

With a crowd of people all standing against a wall of glass that separated sharks from humans, the trio found a nice less crowded area towards the back of the room. Seeing as everyone's attention was ahead of them, Nina picked Kaila back up onto her hip so she could have a better view.

Unknowingly sticking her thumb in her mouth, Nina didn't stop her baby girl while the attention was away from them. Bouncing Kaila rhythmically Nina and Lain shared a smile as the day seemed to be going well after all.

Kaila was amused as she looked at the different mean and menacingly looking creatures swimming in the large tank of water. There was gasping coming from the room in anticipation. Everyone was on edge waiting to see the sharks food arrive. And as soon as everyone spotted a large clump of bait falling from the surface of the tank they got even closer to the glass.

It didn't take long for a few sharks to appear from the depths of the tank. Leaning in closer to Nina, Kaila was excited as ever to see the big fish, but the thought of being near one was terrifying. Seconds later an entire group of sharks had begun circling their food.

After analyzing their meal, the various sharks finally made an approach to the school of dead fish bait. Everyone was surprised to see the sharks gobbling up their meal in one clean bite. Small batches of bait were released at a time in different locations of the tank to showcase the creatures at every angle.

"Did you see that?!" Kaila put her hands against her cheeks in amazement.

Chuckling as she fixed the strap to Kaila's little bag on her back, Lain nodded her head. "We did. Those sharks must have been really hungry." She chuckled. While it was intriguing to watch the sharks eating for the first time, Kaila felt even more satisfied knowing that the women enjoyed it just as much as she did.

Putting Kaila down as people started to leave once the bait was disappearing, Nina resorted to holding her hand tightly instead as Kaila leaned into her side.

Staying for another ten minutes they watched the sharks completely devour their entire meal until only a few stranglers were in the room with them. "What do you say we go and see something else now?" Nina asked as the sharks dispersed again to tend to their own business.

Nodding eagerly Kaila wanted to see everything this place had to offer. While she still didn't like the amount of people around her, knowing the women were besides her at all times was comforting. Especially when she could tell they were trying so hard to make her feel safe by staying away from others by being in their own corner of the aquarium.

After finding another show to attend the women were relived to find something Kaila enjoyed. While she liked looking at the fishes through the glass, she got more excited every time a show occurred and she got to see interaction with the animals.

Several shows later and the couple and Kaila decided to stop for some lunch at the food court area. Getting Kaila a meal with a box decorated with fishes on it, they ironically had fish sticks for lunch. Taking a moment to enjoy time together the women and Kaila laughed as they were reminiscing the shows they had just seen.

Before going back to the attractions, the women dragged their reluctant little girl to the bathrooms.

Kaila whined the entire way wanting nothing more but to see the other shows the aquarium had. Knowing they started at certain times she didn't want to miss it because of a bathroom break.

"Didn't go." She complained trying to wiggle her hand free out of Lain's grip.

"Well then you can keep me company while I go. But your coming in with me." Kaila frowned. Sighing as she saw her little girl, Lain turned to her wife. "We'll be back." She said before taking Kaila into a private bathroom.

Locking the door behind them, Lain looked at Kaila with her hands on her hip. "Are you sure you didn't go?" She checked.

Desperately nodding Kaila wanted to make this a quick trip.

Unsure about the certainty of Kaila's answer, Lain turned her little girl around as she checked regardless. It wasn't a surprise to find her diaper wet. "Let's get you out of that one." Lain said ignoring Kaila's whimpers as she grabbed her supplies from the bag on her back.

Laying Kaila on the changing table she made quick work to fix her little girl before any discomfort occurred. "Next time don't lie to me about this. I know your happy to be here but we still need to take care of this." Lain said with a serious tone to her voice.

"Sorry." Kaila mumbled as she hugged Lain as soon as the woman finished cleaning her up.

"It's alright." She assured before going to wash her hands. "Now stay there while mommy goes. We'll be out soon to see the rest of your shows."

Waiting patiently for Lain to finish the two of them returned back outside to Nina. After they regrouped, as promised they hunted for the other shows happening that day.

It only took three shows later for the shows to finally start getting repetitive. Leaving to find something new to do, Lain spotted something fun.

"Hey we found it." She pointed her finger towards one of the tallest and widest rooms in the entire building.

In the new room before them stood an extremely tiny amusement park. With a few rides ranging from prize winning games to tiny roller coasters the women were surprised to see so many people waiting in line for all of the activities.

"Woah, this place is bigger than I thought." Nina said her jaw was dropped slightly in amusement. "I didn't know they were going to have a whole roller coaster in here!"

"I didn't know we were going to have to buy more tickets." Lain said with slight irritation as she pointed out a small booth in the center of the room where guest could purchase tickets to use on the activities.

"I guess that's how they make a good chunk of their money. It's a smart move." Nina said sadly.

"Yeah, but sucks for us. They're lucky we're here for some important bonding time that I don't feel guilty spending extra on these tickets. What do you say Kaila?" The tan woman said with a small smile as she looked down towards the center of the women finding a big empty gap that was suppose to be filled by their little girls body.

"Kaila?!" She asked again louder as her wife stopped drooling over all the rides and noticed the missing girl between them too.

"Not again." Nina panicked.

Frantically looking around the space surrounding them it only took a second for the couple to find her.

They were pleasantly surprised to see Kaila off to the side helping clean up a mess that a small child had made after dropping their snack on the floor.

Exhaling sharply in relief they waited as they watched the mother of the child thank Kaila before she caught back up to the woman who were clapping as she returned.

Blushing as she swayed in place Kaila was pleased with the work she had done herself. "That's our girl." Nina said with a gentle smile.

"Now this calls for some fun now." Lain announced as the girl cheered grabbing hold of their hands before walking over to the ticket booth. Purchasing a long strand of tickets the couple and Kaila stayed and rode rides for what seemed like hours.

The adrenaline and energy it gave them was just what they needed to make today one of their favorites.
———————————————————————————
A/N: Early Chapter, so you know what that means I won't have service later.

Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off