Chapter 58: Line Troubles

Start from the beginning

Grunting as she started the engine, Nina pouted as she began their drive towards the new aquarium in town. Towards the beginning of their drive, Lain had begun playing classical music when Nina grunted even louder in disapproval. "Why this? I thought we were suppose to be out having a fun trip. At this rate Kaila's going to be fast asleep by the time we get there. Hell, we're lucky if I don't fall asleep."

"Do you have to whine and complain about everything I do?!" Lain asked in a playful manner. Turning around to face the girl in the backseat Lain looked for Kaila's opinion. "What do you think sweetheart? Keep the music or change it?"

Rubbing her hand against her chin Kaila smiled, "keep!"

Celebrating in her seat Lain was dancing in place. "Hear that babe. Two against one. We're keeping the music."

"Fine." Nina said in defeat as she focused more on the road than the music filling the empty space in the car.

Eventually after getting over their fun dispute, the couple and Kaila began to let the music fuel their groove. Swaying along with the melody's it felt like absolutely no time had passed when they finally arrived at their destination.

"Woah..." the little girl in the backseat said mesmerized by the illuminated neon blue lights on the exterior walls of the building. "We going there?" She asked pressing her hand against the window.

"We are darling." Nina smiled looking at her little girls wide and dazzling eyes through the rear view mirror. "We're going to see all of our fishy friends inside."

Leaving her jaw dropped Kaila didn't break eye contact with the large three story tall building getting closer to them. As soon as Nina parked, Kaila was yanking on her car seat restraints eagerly trying to get inside the fun looking building.

"Hold on cutie, I'm coming. I'm coming." The tan woman chuckled as she waltzed out of the car tending to help her little girl out of her seat.

Giggling as Lain freed her from her constraints, Kaila took off. Avoiding both women as they reached out towards her, Kaila ran with so much enthusiasm that her entire body felt a rush of adrenaline pulsing through it.

Her mind was so focused on getting to the entrance where a large stand selling fish related souvenirs sat that she didn't notice either women yelling for her as they rushed to grab their bags before chasing after her.

Thankfully Nina snatched her little girl up in one clean swoop right before Kaila crossed the main street that separated the parking lot from the aquarium.

"Let go!" Her gaze was so fixated elsewhere that she was oblivious to Nina's firing red cheeks.

"Kaila stop." She said in a firm and strong voice making her hold on the little girl tighter to stop her wiggling.

While Lain ran over with their bags, she gasped for air when she caught up with them. As the little girl came down from her sudden boost of energy she shrunk seeing two disappointed, scared, and angry faces looking at her.

"What in God's name made you think it was okay to run off like that?!" Nina asked.

"Not only that but in a parking lot where people could miss you while they're driving!" Lain added.

"I-" Kaila's brows furrowed as her bottom lip trembled. She couldn't find the right words to describe her adrenaline rush, only that her excitement simply got the best of her.

"You know what save it." Nina sighed as she bounced the girl in her arms seeing how terrified she looked at them. While part of the woman still felt completely disappointed in the little girls behavior, Nina still wanted today to be fun. "You should know better than to do something like that. What if somebody hit you?! Mommy and I would be so sad." She said trying to comfort Kaila as Lain calmed herself down before making the situation worst.

"I'm sorry." She said hugging Nina as a token of her apology.

While people were walking by and staring at the little girl upon Nina's hip, the couple and Kaila brushed them off.

"Thank you sweet pea. No more scaring us like that, okay?"

"I won't." She said hugging Nina tighter not caring about the fact that she was momentarily cutting off the woman's air circulation. "Down?" She asked.

"You stay right besides us. Do you understand?" Nodding in full Kaila squirmed out of Nina's arms and onto the floor where she eagerly rushed to hugged Lain. Despite Lain's arms being full she still managed to find a way to hold Kaila back.

"Sorry." She apologized again.

"What are we going to do with you, huh? Such a troublemaker everywhere you go." Lain smirked holding Kaila back firmly.

Giggling as Kaila couldn't say otherwise she blushed as her eyes looked anywhere other than Lain. "Alright now how about we actually have some fun now." Nina suggested as the line to buy tickets started getting long.

"Up." Kaila asked making grabby hands for the mocha woman besides her.

"Sorry honey, you've got to walk here."

She frowned afraid that was going to be the case. "Hey turn that frown upside down, mommy and I can still hold your hands." Happy enough that she knew the women would be by her side Kaila held onto their hands tightly as they walked towards the growing line.

Letting the current situation sink in Kaila looked closer at the environment around them. Apart from the hundreds of people in line waiting to buy their way in, she knew the count inside the aquarium was going to multiply.

And with so many people came many lurking eyes. It didn't take long for all the pressure to get to her. Picking up her breathing, her anxious mind made her hands squeeze tightly onto the couples hands for comfort.

"Kaila?" Lain said looking down seeing her baby in distress. "We've got you sweet girl. You're alright." She was quick to comfort as both her and Nina began to internally panic and look at one another afraid that they made a bad move taking her in public. "You're safe." She assured.

They couple were surprised by Kailas reaction. She had been doing so well adjusting to places like the ice cream parlor that they figured she was getting used to being in public.

But then it hit them.

The parlor never had this many people at such a close proximity.

Gulping hard Kaila felt Nina kneel besides her and embrace her in a secure hug. "Do you want to go somewhere else?" She asked not wanting Kaila to be uncomfortable on what was suppose to be their fun day together.

Kaila pondered the idea of leaving. But remembering how excited the women seemed about spending the day here, she didn't want her nervous mind to ruin their fun either. Slowly she shook her head.

"Are you sure?" Nina asked but Kaila only nodded silently.

"Alright then. We'll be here with you the entire time baby, if you change your mind just say the word and we can leave." Nina said as they got closer to the front of the line.

Trying to focus more on her excitement from earlier Kaila tried to block the people around her out. Feeling both women rubbing their thumbs against her hands she shut her eyes leaning into their touch pleading that today wouldn't be ruined by her frantic imagination that saw everyone as a person waiting to do her wrong.
———————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off