63 : An Exchange

Shoutout to Nguyenh144 for the vote and ban3355 for adding this book to your reading list

*

"You know the rule. You will have to give me something precious in exchange."

*
*
*

I cough all the way back. Kairos looks at me worried.

"Are you alright?"

I nod. "Just a little dizzy."

"I'm going to give you the medicine once we're back." 

I smile and nod. After a few steps, we've arrived. Everyone is waiting for us with their horses ready.

"The last part stage should be the dragon nest. It's just a few miles from here." Merlin says.

"From what I know, people who have come here all failed before they reached the dragon nest, there is a secret stage before that."

"Secret stage?"

Merlin nods. "Besides the snakes, wolves and the dragon nest. People failed this secret stage and that's why they can't continue to the dragon nest."

"How can we find that secret stage?" Eliot asks.

Merlin shake his head. "I'm sorry, but I too can't answer that. I should be somewhere we're standing right now, but when I looked around, I didn't find anything suspicious."

"Then we keep going to the dragon nest." Karl suddenly says.

"Come." Karl reaches his hand to me.

"Oka-" I suddenly cough again. My throat feels itchy.

"I almost forgot! Here." Kairos take out a small bottle of liquid and gives it to me. I slowly drinks it. 

I smile to Kairos. "I feel better now."

"We have to hurry, you cough more and faster than usual. His medicine might can't help you even further." Merlin explains to me.

All of us sits up on the horse and begin running. I can feel the wind blowing my hair, I smile as I enjoy the cold air touching my face.

"Have you gotten enough sleep?" I turn around to see Karl.

"Hmm." he says.

"I miss the castle." I mutter.

"I know."

"And Alberth," I continue.

"And Kenn."

Karl keeps quiet and prefer to only listen. We come across a river and slowly cross it safely.

"Look at that light." Merlin suddenly points out a tall orange and blue light shining through the sky.

"We're near." Eliot whispers as he points out other way. Behind a tree, there's a glowing sleek-like orange tail. It's moving and I can see a little scales on the skin.

"Is it the dragon?" 

Merlin nods as an answer.

"Where exactly is the oil?"

"It's actually on the dragon's skin."

I widen my eyes. I turn to the dragon and look carefully. 

"Its sleek skin is actually rich in sacred oil."

"How can we get it? We should ask for its permission." I'm confused, not prepared with this.