52 : Slowly Revealed

"Stop glaring at me. I only met him not more than a hundred of times."

*
*
*

Eliot is waving to me as soon as we've arrived in front of the king's room. 

"Good morning, Eli."

"Eli?" Karl takes a glance at me with his eyebrow lifted. 

"What?" I say to him as I look back at Eliot and smile.

"Good morning, Antania. I'm so happy to see you." he says as he looks at me from down to up. I take a short glance at Merlin only to find him smiling mischievously at me.

"Good morning, princess. You look gorgeous today." Merlin bows to me and then to Karl.

"So good to see you today, Merlin." I smile back at him.

The door slowly opens. The room is so big. The wall is painted white and gold, little statues and a family photograph are hanging by the wall. From afar, I can see the king sitting on his throne. We slowly walk behind Eliot. I, as usual, hold Karl's arm as we get nearer to the king.

"Father, this is Prince Karl and his wife, Princess Antania. Prince Kairos is also here too."

The king smiles at us. His face isn't old enough to be called 50 year old man, he still looks strong and young. Wow, all of the characters in this story are so attractive. Karl keeps his face straight as usual.

"Your Highness Prince Karl, it is an honor to have you visiting." the king stands up and says to Karl.

"I had to, otherwise my wife won't come home with me." Karl takes a short glance at me. The king of Brail chuckles. 

"A newly wed problem, I suppose? Reminds me of my wife and I on our first year of marriage." I can see the changed expression on the king's face. Eliot told me the king lost his wife when he was a little boy. It was on our first or second meeting.

"You know the Empress will be so upset if she finds you wandering around our kingdom." The king suddenly talks about the empress. I can see where this is going.

"Since we've come here, why not solve the misunderstanding between us?" I gently shake Karl's arm. The king frowns.

"Princess Antania, I've heard a lot about you from Eliot. It seems that playing with him in the forest has made you understand the situation between Brail and Ezule."

"Playing in the forest?" Karl glares at me. I widen my eyes, I forgot to tell that to Karl. Things have been so hectic these past few months, I didn't have the time.

"Stop glaring at me. I only met him not more than a hundred of times." I try to stay relax. Karl shakes his head hearing my question. He wouldn't even tolerate 5 times of meeting.

I look back at the king to see his response.

"To say this so clear, King Alan, my kingdom wouldn't even dare to touch anyone from your kingdom. We clearly understand how your kingdom is fully protected with witches."

"I have the evidence that the murderer is from your kingdom." The king slowly raises his hand and point to a frame hanging by the wall. How shocked I am to see a black shoe inside that black frame.

"You know that shoe is designed and made from and for your kingdom's staff." The king doesn't look upset, he talks normally. 

"That must be a trap." Karl says it bluntly.

"I suggest we discuss this thing in a more private room, Your Highness." Merlin suddenly interrupts. The king seems to hesitate.

"I think it is a great idea. Some things are meant to be solved and this is one of them." I say as I look straight to the king's eyes. I tighten my grip at Karl until I see the king sighs and nods.