25 : A Statue

"If you still don't move, I might kiss you."

*
*
*

What a sunny day it is. I walk down the stairs to see Alberth who's been clinging to Karl lately. I smile remembering how Alberth wants to sleep with Karl. Of course, up until now, Karl and I don't share the same room, even though the empress said we will be when Karl turns 17.  I didn't think much about it though.

Flashback on

The sound of door knocking is heard from outside.

"Come in." Karl's answers with his usual cold tone.

I open the door with Alberth holding my hand. Karl looks at us straightly.

"What brings you here?"

"He wants to sleep with you."

"What?"

I sigh. Even though he is so handsome and mature, his ears are not working perfectly.

"Am I not saying that so clear?"

"I heard you."

"Old man."

Karl only lifts his shoulder as if he doesn't care. He walks closer to us. Well, specifically, to Alberth.

"Why would you want to sleep with me?"

"I don't know." Alberth answers quietly.

"Your mom can't take care of you, can she?" Karl suddenly looks at me with his smirk.

This man really wants to fight with me, huh!

"No, mommy is good. She always takes care of me."  Alberth's answer gives me the courage to smirk back at Karl.

Good job, my son! I have to say it's been a while since Alberth started calling me his mom. He said he likes it that way and I look like a real mom to him. And of course, that makes Karl a father.

"So can you now let him sleep with you?"

It's night already. It's almost Alberth's sleep time.

"Whatever," Karl then stands up and put his hand in his pocket.

I can feel my dress getting pulled by Alberth. I look at him and put myself in his height.

"Mommy, is dad angry?"

"No, he's not. Why would you think that way?"

"Because he said whatever?"

"Maybe we should go back mommy. I' m sleepy."

I carry Alberth and stands up. This 5 year old kid wipes his sleepy eyes and begins sleeping on my shoulder. I sit on the couch in Karl's room while Karl himself is still busy with his work. Alberth's breath is getting steady and slow. I decided to walk to Karl, still with Alberth in my arms.

"Excuse me sir."

Karl lifts his head and look at me.

"You're still here?"

Wah, he really wants to fight with me!

"You think?!" I talk quietly so that I won't wake Alberth.

"Let me carry him."

Karl stands up and takes Alberth from my arm. At least he's being a gentleman now.