40 : Dying

Shoutout to namjoonisbestboy for commenting, vousmezym for voting and datya14 for adding this book to your reading list☁️❤️

*

"She's dying."

*
*
*

Kenn walks to Karl's room. It's another tiring day for the both of them. As soon as he opens the door, there is Karl, talking to Eliot. Kenn chuckles. He is wrong, they talk with their eyes staring at each other. Kenn walks to see Antania. He sighs. It's almost a week now and she hasn't woken up. Her face looks a bit paler than yesterday. 

"When will that witch come?" Karl suddenly opens his mouth.

"Soon." Eliot answers. He too, doesn't know when Merlin, his royal witch, will come. But he knows it won't be that long to wait for him. He's been coming back and forth to Ezule Kingdom with the help of magic of course. Brail Kingdom is popular with witches with magic they have from the late queen. Not all kingdom has witch in their country. That's why, Eliot can come here anytime in a flick of a hand.

Kenn can only watches his brother looking more desperate as the day passed by. A knock at the door finally breaks the silence. Everyone is looking as the door opens. There, Merlin is standing as he bows to the three princes.

"Your Highness." Merlin looks at Eliot. 

"Check her now." Karl doesn't give Merlin a little bit time to relax himself after a long trip.

Merlin chuckles. "Right away"

Merlin walk to Antania. His eyes frown, he carefully observes her from top to bottom. She has gotten a bit thinner. 

"May I?" Merlin turns his head to Karl as he smiles. He is going to touch Antania's hand.

"Do it quick."

Kenn laughs. "When does he become this possessive?"

 Merlin slowly touch Antania's hand. Her pulse is beating normally, showing no signs of illness. But, he widen his eyes and freeze as soon as he touches her hair. 

"Does her hair always be this dry?" 

It's not a normal dry hair. It is more like, dying progress from the top. Judging by the look of everyone in the room, he bets they haven't touch her hair.

"Find something?" Karl keeps his eyes on every single move of Merlin's face.

Merlin quickly change his expression and smile.

"Can you try touching her hair, Your Majesty?" Merlin smiles at Karl.

Karl looks confused at first, but he still does what Merlin has said. He walks closer to Antania. Slowly, he moves his hand and touches her hair. Karl looks at Merlin.

"Now what?"

Merlin raises one eyebrow. "Is he not feeling it?"

"How's her hair?" Merlin tries to ask Karl.

"Normal as usual." Karl lifts his hand and put them in his pocket. Merlin nods, only he can feel the dryness of Antania's hand.

"Let me examine more." Merlin comes closer and try to touch Antania's feet. They're good, nothing is wrong. He tries to move a bit but a sudden spark makes him squint. He looks closely to the necklace Antania wears. That blue necklace looks so beautiful on her. He tries to touch it.