66 : Her Ending

"You've worked hard on changing this story, isn't this a beautiful ending?"

*
*
*

Ah. Something falls on my cheeks. I look up to the sky, it begins to drizzle. My sight has become blurry, Karl is looking at me worried. 

"Argh!!" I turn to look at Kairos. Shaking, he lets go of his grip on the sword. His eyes has changed completely normal, but his appearance doesn't. He flies up to the sky and with great power, comes down to Barb who is still locked between Kenn and the wolf, Vincent.

"Ka-kairos, what are you doing, you son of a bi*ch?!" 

With all his might, Barb tires to release himself. But he's too late for Kairos's hand stab his body, spreading great pain all around his body. Merlin suddenly shows up, watching from the sky, enough for Barb to be able to spot him.

"You! Merlin, it's because of you!"

"Barb, we're both great wizards. Yet you fail to control your demonic side and use your power to destroy yourself."

"All of this, you embarrassed me. If I had found that oil first-"

"All of this!" Merlin says.

"All of this wouldn't have happened if you had lowered your pride. But instead, you created someone in the past to destroy you in the future." Merlin looks at Kairos, who is looking at Barb with furious.

"Agh, Kairos! I will never forgive you!" Barb's last words doesn't seem to have any impact on Kairos.

"And neither do I." he slowly releases his hand and let Barb falls on the ground, dead. Slowly, all of his troops begin to vanish, leaving trace of their weapons and nothing more. The guards cheerfully shout as victory is on their hand.

"Ugh!"

I suddenly feel the pain! The sword is still attached to my body.

"Wife?" Karl shakingly holds me. I look at him painfully, I begin to cry.

"It hurts." My blood keeps running out my body. Blends with the rain, flowing to the floor.

"Merlin!" Eliot calls Merlin from afar.

"Endure it, just a second." Karl sticks his head to mine. Carefully, he pulls out the sword and throws it away from us.

I feel my consciousness slowly being taken away from me. I reach out to Karl's arm, holding it tightly.

"Yes?" his eyes look worried. I lean my head and begin to close my eyes.

"Finally you're saved."

Isn't this what I want? To know that Karl deserves a happy ending. Now I can rest for sure, I'm so sleepy.

"No, no wife. Stay with me. You're not allowed to close your eyes yet." Karl's voice is so soothing, it makes me want to sleep even more.

AUTHOR POV

"Why are you just standing there, cure her!" Karl looks at Merlin with his glowing red eyes.

Kairos slowly walk and falls on his knee. "What have I done? Is she dead?"

He ends up getting Karl's sharp glare. Karl quickly carries Antania to the palace's room and lays her on the bed. Kenn and Vincent are busy helping the guards clean the mess. Everyone gathers around Antania as the doctor treats her wound.

"She lost so much blood. I don't think the princess will-"

"Will what? I suggest you don't continue, doctor. Or else you'll lose your job" Karl says it loud and clear.