22 : Tripped

"Your husband will turn 17 tonight."

*
*
*

I've turned my head many times. Right, left, up, down, but I can't find him.

No, not Karl.

"Merlin, where are you?"

I call Merlin inside my mind, he might hears me. He has been teasing me to come to him, but he didn't show up himself. How annoying!

"Here!"

I turn to see Merlin behind a tree. I look at Alberth who is still in his own world, picking flowers.

"Alberth, I'll go somewhere for a while. Will you just stay here and not go anywhere?"

I walk as soon after he nods.

"Do you have something to tell?"

Merlin nods as his eyes shine brightly.

"But you won't tell me, will you?"

He nods again, still with his eyes shining. Damn, he really is annoying when he tells me there's something but he won't tell me what it is.

"I just want to say that something will happen soon."

I raise my eyebrow.

"Happy or sad?"

"Might be both."

This is frustrating. I nod my head and I walk as I give him a wave. Alberth is still picking the flowers.

"Alberth! Let's go back." I say as I stretch my hand to him. We walk hand in hand to the tent. We're going home today. Everyone's is getting better now. 

I look at Karl who's sweating as he wipes his head using a napkin.

"It's still morning and you're sweating?"

"Boys need to workout, just so you know." he says. Karl looks at Alberth for a while, making that child looks down and afraid to look at him. Karl doesn't bother and decided to go inside.

I think about what Merlin has said to me.

Something both happy and sad, huh?

I shake my head, trying to not think about it first. I look down to see Alberth who is still holding my dress. I bend to see him.

"Were you having fun?" I say as I smile. Alberth slowly nods. I look at all of the soldiers and the people around us. Everybody's starting to pack their things. We will leave this afternoon.

I hold Alberth hand and we both walk inside.

It's quite windy today. It is usually windy, but today seems to be more hectic. I look around and foind Karl has changed his clothes. I walk on sit on the chair while I watch Alberth playing his flowers next to me. He doesn't have the courage to run around Karl yet.

"You know there will be a celebration, don't you?" Karl suddenly says. I raise my eyebrow, not knowing anything.

"A celebration?" I guess this is what sir Eden and Lydia talked about before.

"Yes."

"What for?" I slightly bend my head.

Karl face suddenly glares at me. Urgh, I don't like this black aura he has.

"You don't remember?" He asks.

"Remember?" I repeat his word.

"Whatever." Karl sighs. He decided to go outside, leaving me and Alberth inside.

What to remember? What celebration? Wow, I'm not a good princess. I don't even know what celebration we will celebrate!

"Idiot!" Merlin's voice suddenly joins.

"Could you tell me what celebration we will have?"

Merlin chuckles as he says, "not gonna tell."

***

"Everybody's been so busy, huh?"

I keep saying that to myself. Everyone went here and there, turn here and there, bringing this and that. This is a big celebration, I guess.

We've arrived at the palace not long ago. Of course, Alberth came with us and everyone was so curious about he shust his mouth and held my hand all the way here. Alberth really likes flowers. Give him flowers and he will sit long enough for you to do your things.

"Antania, will you play with me?" Alberth suddenly turns his head to me.

"Of course." I walk towards him.

He teaches me how to arrange flowers and how to pick a good flower. 

"Princess, time for you to get ready." Lydia suddenly appears and some maids come bringing some dresses for me to wear.

"What kind of party will we have, Lyd? Everybody seems so busy." I ask Lydia as soon as I sit on the chair while watching Alberth plays with his flowers.

All of their faces suddenly turn shocked. I frown, did I say something wrong?

"My God, of course, princess! It is a really important celebration."

"Your husband will turn 17 tonight." Lydia chuckles after she saw my mouth opened wide.

Now I know why Karl looked a bit scarier this morning. He must think I don't even care about him now. I really am not a good princess, and even more, a good wife. I sigh as I think about it more. I feel sorry. But, he didn't have to glare of me, right? It's just about seventeenth birthday. 

"Done!" Lydia says as she gives me one last touch.

I look at myself in the mirror and smile.

"Thank you, everyone." I turn my head and smile to all of the maids who have helped me.

I turn my head to see Alberth, I don't know when did he change his clothes into a formal one. He looks super handsome and cute!

"Come, Alberth!" I stretch my hand to the 5 years old kid, and he gladly holds my hand. He seems to be comfortable enough with me now.

The ball has been decorated nicely and glamorous. Of course, it's the Kingdom of Ezule anyway.

Wait!

I want to go to the bathroom now.

After I finish with my business, I open the door and step outside when suddenly,

"Huh?"

What?! How can this door lead me to the forest?

"Merlin!!" I look around searching for this damn annoying man. 

"Waa!"

I hiss in pain. Why did I have to trip myself? 

"Shh." My foot hurts. I sigh, decided to sit as I wait for Merlin to show up himself. 

"Does it hurt so bad?"

"O yeah, it is. Thanks to you cause I've been waiting for you to show up." I keep rubbing my foot.

"You're waiting for me?"

I quickly turn my head.

Oh no..

I think I talked to the wrong person.

"No, no. I mean.."

I can't continue my reason because he will be more curious.

"I mean, I got lost. So, I was expecting someone to come help me. And then, you show up, Eliot."