38 : A Party Pooper

Shoutout to danmaca for commenting, blancayoongi for voting and chibi_rinrin for adding this to you reading list❤️🦋

*

"Good to know he's just your guest. Anymore than that is unacceptable."

*
*
*

The party is finally here. I am beyond excited and also nervous. Lucky for me, Karl decided to invite a few politic people because I told him I won't be comfortable if there are so many of them. It's impossible to ask him to not invite all of them since the empress will also attend the party and talk about politics with some of the guests.

"Happy birthday, mommy!" Alberth walks to me with a bucket of flowers in his hand.

"Thank you, cutie." I pinch his cheeks and take the flowers. I just woke up and a little angel came to me bringing a flower. Isn't this so cute?!

"Happy birthday, princess." Lydia smiles at me.

"Thank you, Lyd!" I giggle. How long has it been since the last time people wishing me happy birthday. Thinking about that suddenly makes me down, I miss my mom. How is she doing?

Mom, it's my birthday today. I say it in my heart, as if my mom is going to hear me and smile for afar.

I look to the other side of the bed. It's empty. Karl has woken up.

"Mommy, take a bath, quick! Daddy and uncle Kenn is waiting outside." Alberth pulls me out from the bed. I laugh and slowly walk to the bathroom.

We walk down the stair to the garden to meet Kenn and Karl. There they are, drinking their tea. I smile, it's not usual for us to have breakfast outside. Is it because of my birthday?

"Sis, you're here." Kenn notices me first. I walk closer with Alberth holding my hand.

"Happy birthday, sis. You're becoming more and more beautiful everyday." Kenn teases me as he pulls the chair for me. I take a glance at Karl who only watches our conversation.

"Doesn't she, brother?" Kenn continues his words.

"Normal as usual." I roll my eyes. Can't he be a little nicer today?

"It's my birthday today." I will try to tease him.

"So?" Karl looks at me and stop drinking.

I shrug. "So?"

"Happy birthday to you." Karl finally says it.

"Yay! Thank you, Karl." I giggle. He looks manly but he can't even say those words without me asking him. The weather today is so nice. I hope it will be stay good like this throughout the day.

"By the way, did you invite that bastard Kairos?" I nod to Kenn. Kenn also knows that Kairos is my schoolmate, maybe Karl told him about it.

"It's been a long time since I last saw him. I can't wait to meet him."

"He is better now. He sometimes helps me with the school works and he gives me tips on doing several difficult method." I try to clear Kairos's name. He really is not the same as he was when we were still kids. Even so, that naughtiness that he own hasn't fully disappeared. He still acts so childish sometimes.

"Are you interested in him?"

A clank sound suddenly prevents me from speaking more. Kenn and I both look at Karl. He's looking at us sharply now.