05 : Trying to Interact

"I'll eat it here with you. Eating alone is lonely sometimes, you know."

*
*
*

"No need to drag me."

Karl says with his unusual low voice. I directly look behind, I was holding Karl's arm from the start.

"Sorry, I don't mean to." I say as I release my hand and lift both of my hand as if I was a thief that got caught stealing.

Karl slowly walks forward without saying a word.

"Is your fever better now?"

"Will be better if you leave now."

Tch.

"That's rude."

Karl lays on his bed and begins closing his eyes.

"Call me whenever you need any help. I'll be just right there." I point to the comfy sofa beside Karl's big bed.

As usual, no reply. Let's see how long will he stay quiet to me.

"Probably years and years." I mumble as I walk to the sofa and read any books that are put on the table.

Without realizing, the sun begins to set. Slowly, the sky begins to change its color to orange then slowly turning dark. The wind is getting colder. I glance at Karl. He's been sleeping soundly. Should I wake him up? I decided to walk out to my room and clean myself before waking him up.

"Lyd, is it raining now?"

I can hear a little sound of rain from outside my bedroom. Lydia looks at the balcony.

"Yes, Princess. It's drizzling." Lydia says as she brushes my hair.

"Done. Pretty as usual." Lydia smiles to me as if I am her daughter.

"Thank you, Lyd!" I smile looking at her.

"I need to wake Karl's up." I walk outside my room with Lydia.

"Lydia, the head-maid is calling you."

"Princess." A maid bows to me after she calls Lydia.

Lydia and the maid walk away leaving me in front of Karl's room. As I open the door, I walk to see Karl who is not on his bed. I look around trying to search for Karl.

"Karl?" I try to call him but the rain has started to sound so loud and it's pouring. It seems that Karl couldn't hear me.

The wind from outside has succeeded in blowing the candles inside. It's not so dark thanks to the moon but I'm a little scared now.

I was going to walk out from the room but suddenly, the loud sound of thunder shocks me.

I'm scared.

Even when I was alive, the thunder has always been on my top thing of 'most unfavorite things' list.

I run to the bed and cover myself in blanket. I close my eyes and my ears. It's raining hard outside and the thunder is yet to stop. I can see the light in the sky as the sound gasps me.