56 : Back Again

Shoutout to Starr-Prinsess for the vote and PrincessYeona for your comment!

*

"Give her back here."

*
*
*

I take a deep breath as the wind gently blows my hair. The sky today is so pretty, clear blue and not a lot of clouds. I look at the two men who was awkwardly being silent all the way to here. We are not at the forbidden forest outside the castle, we are still inside but the view here is almost similar to that. Trees are everywhere, I can see the squirrels and rabbits running and hopping around the trees.

"Here you go," Eliot suddenly hands me a beautiful white rose. 

"It smells good, thank you!" I smile to Eliot.

"It means purity, innocence and youthfulness." Eliot explains.

"That's so nice of you. Let me give you my choice." Kairos sounds like he doesn't want to lose. He walks to some flower shrubs and pick one yellow-ish color with small leaves.

"This one is more precise. It's a buttercups." Kairos takes a glance at Eliot. Eliot sighs and shakes his head.

I raise one eyebrow, looking at Kairos suspiciously. I don't memorize every single meaning of flowers, and this is one of them.

"What does it mean?" I ask to Eliot as I don't take my eyes off of Kairos. Kairos smirks before he bends to me and says,

"It means childishness."

I widen my eyes. "I knew it. You wouldn't be so kind to me all of a sudden."

"If only I could find butterfly weed, I would have given it to you now."

"Oh, and what does that mean, red hair?" Kairos laughs.

"Leave me." I answer as I begin walking in front by myself.

"Slow down!" Eliot walks faster to catch up with me, and so does Kairos at the back.

I am searching for a butterfly weed to give to Kairos. But it looks like I can't find one here, or I'm just too stupid to not notice it.

"Watch out!" Kairos's shout suddenly makes me turn around. Eliot and Kairos are both running to me with a serious face. I widen my eyes as I feel something sharp is touching my back. I turn around and finds an arrow, pointing at me with the masked man holding it. I freeze, that arrow is so close to my neck. 

"You!" Kairos shouts from the back. Eliot and him stop. 

"Two princes, trying to save one weak lady. But none of them are the one I'm looking for."

I open my mouth, wanting to call his name. But the fear I have is much bigger than the courage I have. 

"M-Mr. Barb?" I whisper so only he can hear it. I can see his eyes widen from behind his mask as he loosen the grip of his bow.

"Stay away from her!" Kairos shouts again.

Mr. Barb takes a glance at him. The Kairos I know looks ten times scarier right now. I can see Eliot telling me to stay calm from his mouth movement. Unexpectedly, Mr. Barb takes down his bow and takes a glance at me. A circle is 

The sound of footsteps is suddenly heard. There is Karl with his dark aura, bringing his sword as he walks pass Kairos and Eliot to me.

"Give her back here." He says calmly. Looking at him suddenly makes my eyes hot. My eyes become teary, I'm scared.

"Wife, come here." Karl looks at me as he lifts his hand. I keep quiet, and begin crying. I can't move, something is holding me back from walking to Karl. I lift my hand to him. I push as hard as I can and suddenly the weight on my feet disappears. I run as fast as I can and he pulls me back to him.

"How dare you?" The masked man says, but he doesn't look at anyone. I take a quick look at Kairos, and yes, he smirks. It seems that Kairos is the one who saved me this time. The masked man quickly disappears and I begin to close my eyes. The weight on my feet before seems to have absorbed half of my energy that I become so tired. I'm glad I asked Lydia to tell Karl where we're at. Even though Kairos was the one who helped me, at least I can close my eyes in Karl's arms.

***

"Why hasn't she woken up yet?" Karl impatiently asks. It's been five hours since Antania slept. Merlin can't answer his question, he doesn't know either. But he might know who does.

"I must say you are really good at taking care of her. I suppose, you might also know what is wrong with the princess?" Merlin takes a glance at Kairos.

"I don't know. As a witch, I bet you're much more experienced." Kairos answers back. It looks like Kairos still doesn't know that Merlin and Antania know that Kairos too is a wizard, and in the future, the strongest one with a dark power.

"As a witch, I know a sacred oil that can heal every ill, maintain the youthfulness and even more, brings back someone's life." Merlin looks at Kairos in the eye.

"I know about that. I've read books about it, but we all know it's a myth."

'it looks like this boy doesn't know anything about that oil.' Merlin tells himself.

"You look at me as if I know something. I don't, alright? Now if you please excuse me, I'm going to restock my liquid for red hair." Kairos shrugs and walk out from the room.

Antania's POV

Here I am at this tempting garden, for the second time. Merlin once told me to focus on something so I won't be tempted by this beautiful land, and I guess it's working.

"Is somebody there?" I find something, a creature? hiding from behind the bush.

"Don't be afraid. Are you lost?" 

I widen my eyes as I see a dark black wolf, slowly walking towards me. Its red eyes locks me as it keeps walking with its strong legs.

The wolf stops. It sniffs me from afar.

"A conscious human?"

I widen my eyes. It looks back at me. "What are you doing here, human?"

"It can talk." I whisper.

Replace The Villain's Wifeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें