16 : Spoiled Husband

"Look at this big man being all lovey-dovey to his wife in front of me."

*
*
*

My legs cramps. It's been an hour since Karl sleeps on my lap. I try to touch his head, his fever hasn't come down yet. 

Philip finally comes with Kenn to my room. 

"Look at this big man being all lovey-dovey to his wife in front of me." Kenn grimaces as he folds his arms.

"Help me carry him." Philip slowly lifts Karl's head, Kenn slowly walks nearer. Karl suddenly opens his eyes.

"What are you doing?" He pulls himself closer to me, not letting them pull him. 

Aaw, my heart!

"If only I can capture this moment and show it to you." Kenn shakes his head at his brother's spoiled behaviour. Of course, there's no camera or phone at this time.

Karl stays silent, he slowly closes his eyes again.

"Come on, she will hardly move thanks to you." Philip pats Karl's shoulder, asking him to wake up.

"Let's go." I slowly try to release Karl's arm around me. Since when did his hands hug my waist?

Karl doesn't respond. His face is red from fever. Slowly, Philip and Kenn carry Karl to his room. I follow them from behind with a basin filled with water.

"Puff! Finally!" Kenn stretch his body.

"He sure is heavy." Philip laughs after finally managed to lay Karl in bed.

The doctor is going to come. I think I should go now.

"Woah.." I was going to leave when Karl suddenly pulls my hand and sits me.

Karl still closes his eyes and sleeps while locking me with his arms.

"Mother..."

Ah.. He misses the empress. Should I call her?

I stroke his hair. "Let me call your mother first." 

Karl doesn't say anything, he tightened his arms. I sigh, maybe he thinks I'm the empress now.

"I can't, I'm out of here." Kenn raises his hands and walks out of the room.

"Waa-wait!" I call Kenn but he doesn't listen to me.

"I'll excuse myself too, then." Philip chuckles as he bows and leaves.

Argh! Now I'm alone with this big boy. A knock from the door makes me turn my head.

"Your Highness, I'm here to examine the prince." says the doctor.

"Yes, please do." I try to release Karl's hand from me. I sigh. The more I try, the tighter will he squeeze me.

"Umm, can you examine it this way?" I bite my lips. The doctor chuckles. Argh! I'm so embarrassed.

"I will try."

The doctor touches Karl's head and checks his temperature. 

"I have to check his heart rate." 

I raise one eyebrow. Why do you have to ask me? I look at Karl and realize that he has to lay straightly in order for the doctor to check his hear rate. It is not possible because Karl is hugging me now. 

"Can you check it by hand?"

"I guess that is the best way for now. But, I will have to check him again later. He is too tired, sleeping will help a lot."