07 : An Open Door

"You're my wife. Someone who has higher level in relationship than a friend. Yet you still ask this stupid request."

*
*
*

"What do you want to talk about?" I repeat my question.

"I talked too much. I shouldn't have done that."

I raise one of my eyebrow. I sigh, I think I know where this is going.

Does he feel sorry to me?

"So?" I say as I tilt my head. 

"I've said it."

Karl is going to go away. I quickly block his way.He looks at me with his poker face.

"You mean," I stop before I continue.

"You want to say sorry to me?" I smile mischievously. 

"Whatever you think it is." 

I chuckles. He never wants to admit it. 

"I have not yet forgiven you." I shouts, pointing at Karl who has already walked in front of me. He then stops and turns around. His eyes stares at me, asking for more explanation.

Karl sighs. "What do you want?"

I smile. 

"Let's be friend."

He has this questioning look on his face.

"You're my wife. Someone who has higher level in relationship than a friend. Yet you still ask this stupid request."

I open my mouth. Sometimes, I don't believe this boy 2 meter in front of me is 12 years old. His words doesn't sound like he's 12 sometimes.

"Please make it more logical." 

"I don't look like a wife to you though." I say bluntly as I try to match my footsteps with him.

"By the way Karl, we're the same age. When is your birthday?"

"Secret."

I pout. Look, how can I get to know him if he doesn't even tell me anything about him?! Then he said I'm his wife? This is much harder than cooking for the West Kingdom royal family.

I look at the grey sky. The sun is rarely showing its rays lately. Is it raining season already? Now that I think of it, I remember my previous life. How is my mom doing right now?

When I was alive, my mom would give hot chocolate milk and sweet bread for me to eat with her. We would sit by the window and enjoy watching the rain as it wets the town. My cat would cuddle around me, swinging its tail and making a 'purr' sound. We would chat and mom would tell me stories about her life experience.

"Hey!" I brush off Karl's hand. 

"You're absent for while. I should have just hit your forehead." Karl shakes his hand I have brushed aside.

"Sorry, did it hurt?"

"Not even a bit." He walks into his room and immediately shuts his door. I sigh, he doesn't let me in.

"Karl." I knock the door, hoping he would answer but as usual, no reply.

"Let's have a picnic together with Kenn next time. It could have been more fun if you joined us."

I know he's listening to me. He saves his energy too much. Even to talk a bit, this boy feels like he's carrying a burden?! I sigh. Let's just keep that thought for another time.