48 : The Baby's Father

Shoutout to RinaWh for voting, arcana_p & ElizabethMartinez226 for adding this to your reading list.

Thank you and please keep on supporting this story!🧡

*

"Play with my hair more, dear wife."

*
*
*

Karl and I are in Steven's room. The three of us are talking about the misunderstanding between our kingdom.

"I suspect that young man came from the Brail Kingdom." I carefully say, refering to Vincent at the dungeon.

Steven nods. "What made you think that way?"

"He's on that mask man's side. That mask man might be a witch. Brail Kingdom is popular with its witches." I answer.

"I assure you we didn't send anyone to your kingdom." Karl suddenly speaks up.

Steven sighs. "I understand. So, what are you going to do about it?"

"I-uhuk uhuk!" I suddenly cough. I almost forgot that I still have poison inside my body.

"Are you okay?" Steven looks at me worried.

"I will go to the Brail Kingdom." I continue.

Karl suddenly stands up and carries me on his arms.

"That's it for now. Excuse us." Karl says with his straight face and walk out of the room with me. I begin to cough more but I still feel fine.

"Stop coughing, can't you?" Karl looks worried. His voice says it all even though he's face doesn't. I smile and close my eyes, resting my head on his chest. 

"I want to meet Vincent." I suddenly say, still in my position.

"Who's that?"

"The man in the dungeon." I answer.

"Can you take me there?" I look at him. The maids are all looking a us, I feel so embarrassed right now. Karl doesn't say anything but this looks like the way to the dungeon.

"You can put me down now." I tap his shoulder as we've arrived. The guards bow to us as we go inside. As I go further, I can see Vincent seating, looking down to the floor.

"Vincent." I say as I kneel down to see him clearer. Vincent raises his head and looks at me.

"You look pale." He says. This is the first time I see him again after the accident.

"Vincent, come with me."

"Huh?"

At the other place, same time..

"Why am I here?!" Kairos grumbles as he walks carrying a tray with foods on it. Raja and Lydia is walking with him. They look at the arrogant prince getting ordered to give Princess Anya's meal to her room. Raja and Lydia takes a glance at each other as a little smile is shown on their face.

"Prince Kairos, the room is right here." Lydia suddenly stops Kairos before that man walks any further from Anya's room.

"Sst! Don't call me prince or red hair will kill me." Kairos whispers before he knocks the door and steps inside Anya's room.

Princess Anya looks keeps on observing Kairos. She purposely slows down her eating activity so she can look at him longer.

"Have we met before?"