19 : After Him

"You look ten times prettier."

*
*
*

The bed sheet feels cold. I lay my hand on the other side where Karl slept and it is empty. Slowly, I open my eyes and I was right. The room feels so empty and quiet. I look around to see Karl but I can't find any clue of his existence here. 

Hmm? My eyes catch a paper on the bed. I narrowed as I read it. 

- You slept like a pig, I dare not wake you up. Make sure to get that dance of yours right when I return. -

Huh?! I told him already to wake me up! I slowly stand up and leave Karl's room.

"Good morning, Princess!" Lydia smiles as I enter my room. 

"Good morning, Lyd!" I answer. 

"When did Karl leave?" 

"About half an hour ago." Lydia says.

"I'm going to take a bath now." I walk to the bathroom and close the door.

"Haa~" I sigh. I'm kind of frustrated that I couldn't send them off today. That damn Karl! Argh! My heart feels like it is about to burst. I soak myself in the water as I close my eyes trying to relax.

"Princess, don't forget that you'll have dance class today." Lydia says from outside.

Ah, right. I just hope I won't be as bad as I was yesterday.

"Should I teach you?"

I widen my eyes as I heard Merlin's voice. I quickly cover my body and look around. 

"No need to worry. I'm not that pervert." Merlin chuckles.

I sigh in relief.

"But I think it's okay to look right?"

 I quickly cover myself again. 

"Merlin, stop!" I shout. Karl is enough to upset me today, no Merlin too.

"Princess, are you alright?" Lydia suddenly calls me from outside.

"Yes, I'm fine." I reply, soaking myself more as I hear Merlin laughs.

"Well, let's go then!"

Huh? What?

My dress. I'm in my dress already. The wind of the forest makes me realize that I'm going to be troubled by what Merlin has just done. Why am I here again? In a second, Merlin shows up in front of me. 

"May I have a dance?" Merlin reaches out his hand to me. 

"Don't blame me if you get bumps on your feet." Merlin chuckles as I put my hands on his shoulder and one in his hand.

I have to say, dancing with Merlin is quite relaxing. Am I getting better or is it just me who think that way? I haven't stepped on Merlin's feet, not even once. I look down to see my footsteps. 

"You're cheating." I grumble. He uses his magic so I can't hurt his feet even though I actually step on him. Merlin can only smiles at me.

"Okay, I'm done. I won't know if I'm improved if you do your magic. I really can't dance!" I look up to the sky. Should I just stop?

"You're learning how to dance?" I quickly turn my head and look behind.

"Eli?"

"Hi." Eliot smiles as he waves at me.

"Why are you here?" I ask.

Wait, I can't let him see Merlin. I look at Merlin who casually still standing next to me.