36 : Mommy, When is Your Birthday?

Shoutout to villainess_queen for asking in the comment section, Darkaires for adding this to your library, and aurriccah for voting on the previous chapter🥰

*

"Is it a big  problem if I've kissed you?"

*

*
*

"Mommy, when is your birthday?" Alberth suddenly asks me out of nowhere.

I don't seem to know the answer either. I was born in 5 of August when I was still alive back then. Now that Alberth asks me, I have no idea how to answer him.

"Mommy will answer it once we get ready to bed, okay?"

Alberth nods as he goes outside with Lydia for a regular night walk before he goes to sleep.

"So, you don't know when your birthday is?" Karl suddenly says. I stunned, it's just me and him alone now. Karl decided to go to my room, he said he wanted to see Alberth.

"Well, do you know?"

"Don't you remember?"

Of course, I can't answer him, I've never celebrated my birthday when I was a maid, so I never know my own birthday now.

"Do you want to celebrate it?" Karl suddenly asks me. Our eyes finally meet for two seconds, and I quickly look away to avoid his gaze.

"Can I?" I look the other way.

"It's your birthday. What can you not do?"

"But you said you don't like party, I don't want to celebrate it without you, too," I mumble.

"It's different when my wife ask for it." Karl says it without any burden.

I lift my lips, forming a big smile.

"I'll do it if you look into my eyes and say it." My smile disappear in an instant. His words make me freeze. I gulp as I move my head to the side and look at him.

"Can I celebrate my birthday?"

His lips form a light faint smile. "Of course."

"Hey, I don't know anything about my birth date. Let's make a new birth date. Besides, Alberth have asked about it."

Karl raises his eyebrow.

"You know," I pause.

"I was a busy little maid before so I never memorize my birth date." That would be the best excuse right now. Besides, he knows everything except about me who comes from another world.

Alberth finally comes back in after his long walk. He runs to me and sit on my lap.

"Thank you, Lyd!" I say to Lydia who is going to close the door and leave the three of us.

"Were you having fun?" I smile to Alberth.

"It's just a normal walk. Why would it be fun?"

Oh my God, this kid is becoming more like Karl.

"Your mom doesn't know the difference between normal walk and a fun walk." Karl joins in even if he doesn't look at us. I widen my eyes hearing what he's just said.