17 : First Dance Lesson

"Stay with Karl tonight. He must be fully recovered before he leaves."

*
*
*

This is so hard, I can't! My feet keep messing up as I try to follow sir Eden's steps. Today is officially my first dance class. I take back my words when I said dancing is fun. In fact, you have steps to follow, one wrong move and you might trip over.

"I'm so sorry." I apologize to sir Eden for stepping his feet for dozens of times now. 

"It's alright, princess. Might be because you haven't danced for quite a long time." he smiles.

I awkwardly smile back to him. I look down, trying to follow the beat. It's still the first day, Antania. You can't expect yourself to master it in just one day right?

"Alright, let's take a break." Sir Eden stops as we bow to each other. At least, I can do that bow right.

Lydia claps as I walk towards her. She's been accompanying me since we enter the room.

"I haven't done anything right." I say as I sit next to her.

"Let me give you some tips, if I may."

"Yes, please." I smile.

Lydia stands up and gently pull my hand. She starts moving her without letting go of my hand.

"Sometimes, it's not all about memorizing. The more you think about making mistakes, the more mistake you'll make." Lydia chuckles as I happily dance with her.

"You seem to know how to dance, Lyd." I giggle.

"I just like dancing."

"Ah, sorry." 

Again, I step on someone's foot.

"Sorry, Lyd." I bite my lips as I quickly pull it away from her feet.

"Tch, such a trouble." I look around and see Karl standing next to the door with Kenn. Right, I haven't seen him today since I woke up. I stop dancing and walk to him.

"How are you feeling? Have you recovered?" I ask him.

"When did I feel sick?" Karl raises one eyebrow.

I roll my eyes. This boy will never admit any of his weaknesses.

"Can you bow down a little bit?" 

Karl looks confused, but slowly he bows a little as he gives me a stare. I quickly lift my hand and touch his forehead.

"Hmm, not too hot." I nod at myself.

"Pfft. So you're checking his temperature." Kenn snickers.

"Is that wrong?" I glare at him.

"Should I check your temperature too?" I move to Kenn.

"No need, he's totally fine." Karl pulls my hand before I touch Kenn's head.

"Yeah, I can see that too." I keep glaring at Kenn who is now laughing at my expression. I guess he's teasing me for being short.

"Should we start again?" sir Eden calls me.

I nod and walk back to sir Eden who's already offering me his hand. I gently accept it and we slowly bow. The music starts to play and we both start dancing. I stiffly follow sir Eden's steps.

"It's okay. You're making progress already." I laugh hearing sir Eden said.

I sigh. How many times should I apologize for stepping his feet? I should check his feet after we finish this lesson.

"Let me take my heels off." 

"Princess?" Lydia is surprised when I start taking off my heels. I feel pity for sir Eden if I step on his feet again and again. At least, he won't get too hurt this way.

"I like it this way, too." I smile and start dancing again. The floor is pretty cold, but I like it. I accidentally step on sir Eden's again. 

"It doesn't hurt, right?" I chuckle. Sir Eden laughs as we keep on dancing. 

"Now spin around." 

"Huh?" Before I even hear the answer, Sir Eden spin me around.

"Woah." I almost fell. 

"Thank you." I lift my head to see Karl who straightly look at me.

"Princess, you forgot how to dance?" He asks me as he smirks. A small chuckle comes out from him as he notices I open my mouth shocked.

"It's been a long time." I answer.

Why does Karl really like to tease me by using my past? He knows I don't dance and yet.. whatever.

"Brother, we should go now." Kenn suddenly calls.

Karl looks at me for a second before going out with Kenn. He doesn't even say a word. If only his behaviour is a little bit like Eliot, I might have fallen in love with him.

"So, you've fallen in love with Eliot then?" Merlin's voice comes out out of nowhere.

I sigh. Of course not.

Speaking of Eliot, how is he doing?

"Do you want me to take you to him?" Again, Merlin asks me.

I stay silent. Not saying yes nor saying no.

"Princess?" I gasp. Looking at sir Eden who is waving his hand in front of me.

"What are you daydreaming about?"

"No, just talking to an imaginary friend." I joke.

I can hear Merlin chuckles as a respond to my comment about him.

"This dance that we have learnt today is used mostly in parties held at the palace. If someone suddenly asks you to dance, you can use this dance."

I nod.

"We will hold a party not long after this, so be sure to keep practicing." Lydia giggles as she looks at me widening my eyes.

"Oh, that party right?" Says sir Eden.

"Yes. That party."

Huh?

That party what?

What party?

I was going to ask them what party it is when suddenly a maid comes inside.

"Your Highness, the empress calls you."

Hmm? It's very rare for Empress Keana to call me.

"You called me, mother?" I say as I knock the door that has been opened.

Empress Keana smiles. "Yes, dear. Come inside."

There is also the duchess inside.

"How is Karl's fever?" Ah, so she called me to ask about Karl.

"He's better now." I smile.

"Do you like things related to medicine?"

Hmm? How did she know?

I nod as an answer.

"I knew it." Empress Keana smiles.

"You know that Karl and Kenn will go tomorrow right?"

I nod.

"Stay with Karl tonight. He must be fully recovered before he leaves."

What?!

"But, we have the doctor." I try to reject.

"I did say the same as you, but he rejected."

"He?" Karl or the doctor?

"Of course, Karl."

That damn boy wants to make me suffer before he leaves. I just know it! Well then, if that somehow can make his training run smoothly, I don't really have anything to say.

"Then, I'll excuse myself." I bow as I leave the room to Karl's room.