35 : Awkward

Shoutout to Nguyenh144 for commenting, Popupthecorn624 for voted and miaka012001 for adding this to your reading list🥰

*

"Let me guess. He kissed you?"

*
*
*

"Princess, it's almost dinner time. How long will we you keep on staying here?" Lydia comes into my room. Yup, I'm back at my own bedroom. Only Alberth and I who sleep here. Things have gotten a little bit awkward between me and Karl. or perhaps I have to say, only me who felt awkward everytime I met him for the past few days. Let me tell you the story of what happened at Princess Acasia's party.

Flashback on

Karl looks straight into my eyes. I can see my reflection in his red eyes.

"Before you say anything, I have to explain something."

"Oh yeah, you better should." Karl says it darkly. I gulp before I open my mouth.

"Kairos goes to the same school as I do, and he's also my classmate." 

Urgh, I don't feel like continuing since Karl doesn't give me any reaction.

"We accidentally meet here and he asked me for a dance."

Karl raises one eyebrow, and then he looks at me seriously. "What promise?"

"Hmm?"

"I'm not going to repeat."

I sigh. "It's just a simple promise, no need to worry about."

Karl suddenly walks closer. I look up at him, fearing the next thing he would say.

"I need to know everything." Karl whisper as he draws me closer to him. I close my nose, he smells weird.

"Are you drunk?" I ask.

"No." His word is just the opposite of the truth. His breathe smells like alcohol.

"Hoho, you are drunk. Let's get back home." I'm ready to pull his hand, but Karl suddenly locks me between his arm.

"Karl, leaving." My voice sounds unclear because he hugs me to tight. Karl keeps on tightening his hug.

"You're not leaving."

I laugh in his chest. "No, not me. We both are leaving. You're totally drunk!"

"What promise?"

"Hmm?"

"What promise were you both talking about?"

Well, I guess answering his question won't out me into a trouble since he's drunk. He will forget everything about this.

"He borrowed my book and doesn't want to give it back to me. If I dance with him, he will surely give it back to me."

"Only for a book, you'd dance with him? You don't even know each other." Karl gently pushes me so he can see my face. His eyes are glaring at me.

I sigh. "I've told you we are classmates, so I know him."

"You'd do anything to take back your book, wouldn't you?"  He mumbles.

Replace The Villain's Wifeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें