57 : Almost Get Caught

Borunda120 for the vote and doubleAzs for adding this book to your reading list✨

*
"I hope he won't notice that you are not being tempted. He might kill you."

*
*
*

"It can talk." I whisper. 

The black wolf sits on the ground, waiting for me to answer. His (coz he's a male wolf) eyes don't look away from me, that makes me mesmerized somehow. My eyes suddenly catch some drops of blood on the ground behind that black wolf.

I dare myself to walk near it.

"Oh no, you're bleeding." I unconsciously sit next to it and look closely to his fur. It's swollen and the bleeding still continues. I immediately stop as I can feel him watching me. I crawl back instantly and stand up. 

"W-wait here." I say with a trembling voice. The wolf doesn't answer me, but he surely does what I told him. I begin walking to some bushes and plants near us. I begin picking certain leaves and also try to find some rocks and stones. I find a small clean pond and take some water.

"I thought you would leave." I smile and walk back to him. 

"Like hell would I, this actually hurts."

"Just wait a little longer." I gather all the ingredients I've picked. it's pretty simple. I just have to crush the leaves with the rock and give a little water. Voila! it's done.

A groan is heard as soon as I spread the leaves onto its body. 

"The pain will disappear in just a second." I say as I keep on putting the leaves until it's fully cover the wound.

"Wolfie, what's you're name? I bet you are this mythical creature living here." I chuckle.

"First of all, my name is not wolfie and I won't tell you my name either. Secondly, I'm guarding this land." He answers.

"This is a tempted land, shocked to know that you don't seem to be tempted at all." His words suddenly make my heart squeezed. He is right, well I was tempted but it only lasted for a day.

"What happened to your wound?"

"My lord has ordered me to keep an eye on you when you first got here. But you suddenly disappeared and he got mad and here I am, hurt, thanks to you." He says it bluntly.

"I'm sorry." I sincerely say it with my heart. I turn around to see the place in whole and suddenly catch a shadow of a castle. I did do a little tour by myself the first time I came here but never saw that castle.

"What is that?" I point at the blurry castle.

"A castle."

"Your home?"

"Home? Been so long since that word came across my mind." I put down my hand.

"Can you take me there?"

"Absolutely no."

"Please.." I try to convince Wolfie, but he just sits straight looking away from me.

"One thing," He finally says after several sighs.

"Act like you're actually being tempted by this land. If my lord knows it, I will seriously be dead."

"Noted!" I smile and we begin walking.

The castle looks a bit far from where we are at right now. Does this wolf walking next to me sleep in the wild or sleep there? I can't seriously explain how beautiful this place is, really! I'm not being tempted but I can't ignore the fact that all of the living beings and things here are so mesmerizing to the eyes.