49 : Pain That Can't Be Felt

Shoutout to daliz46 for voting, IcedSugaKookie for commenting and ronarawan for adding this to your reading list✨

*

"Antania, will you give your husband to me?"

*
*
*

Author POV

"It's pretty late." Karl looks back and finds Princess Anya walking towards him. Kairos stares straightly at him and in a second, sits next to him. They are separated by Karl's red jacket. 

"I should be the one who said that." Karl straightly says as he looks at the night sky.

Princess Anya can only chuckles. "How's life with Antania?"

"My life has never been so peaceful thanks to her."

Princess Anya laughs. "Just as I expected."

Princess Anya suddenly rubs her hands. The wind has become colder, but the baby inside her doesn't want to sleep yet. A weight on her shoulder makes her look at Karl. 

"Thank you." She smiles as she looks at Karl's jacket hanging on her shoulder. 

Karl nods. 'I only do it because that shorty cares for you."

Of course, he wouldn't say that bluntly. He knows his place. But even if he doesn't say it, Princess Anya still can see it. 

In her smile, she compliments Antania. 'What a nice husband you get, Antania'.

Antania POV

It's the next day. We are ready to leave the West Kingdom. I am walking down the stairs to find Kairos. Where is that guy? He knows we have to leave now and yet he's playing hide and seek with me. Karl is waiting outside already. I'm going to be dead if I can't find Kairos now!

I can hear Kairos's voice from here. It's very low so I keep walking as the voice becoming clearer and clearer. How shock I am to see him and Princess Anya talking to each other. I frown. They're not that close but they seem to know each other well. 

I widen my eyes as I see tears start falling from Princess Anya's cheek. I am ready to walk to Kairos when suddenly I see Princess Anya hugs him first. I immediately stop, decide to keep hiding and watch them.

"I'm sorry for what I've done." That's what Kairos says.

Princess Anya shakes her head. "I'm fine. Thank you for telling me this. I will miss you."

Huh? I'm confused. What's their relationship honestly?

"Kairos," I decided to walk out and approach them.

"Anya," I smile at the princess. She smiles back and nod.

I turn my head to Kairos and glare at him. "What are you doing here? We have to go now!"

Kairos just shurgs and then walks away, leaving me behind. This damn brat! I just spent my time looking for you and this is what I got?

I look at Princess Anya. Her face has become fatter and chubbier, and she looks even prettier. 

"I'll come over when I have the time." I say to her.

She gives me her warm smile. She walks closer and hugs me tight.