27 : Invitation

"You do know you have a husband, don't you, wife?"

*
*
*

"Princess, I've brought you an invitation."

I stop playing with Alberth once I heard Lydia's voice coming to my room.

"An invitation?" 

I look carefully at the envelope. It's a beautiful elegant envelope. I widen my eyes as I sharpen my sight.

"Eliot?" I whisper.

"This is from the Brail Kingdom?"

Lydia nods.

"Alberth, let's play at the garden." I lreach my hand to Alberth. He nods as he stands up and we walk out of my room with Lydia behind us.

"Please accompany Alberth for a while. I want to sit down." I say to Lydia after we arrive at the garden. Alberth likes to play at the garden. Our garden has so many beautiful flowers, so he likes to pick them up and arranges them for me.

"Of course, princess." Lydia then walks to Alberth.

I look at the envelope one more time. I never say to Eliot I live inside the castle. Ah! I bite my lip, it must be that damn Merlin! I slowly open the envelope and read it.

Dear, Antania. The girl who always looks lost.

I chuckle.

It's been a while since you left without telling me.

Ah yes, I forgot to tell him. That's the very careless thing I've ever done.

I asked Merlin to send this envelope to you, so I hope he did send it because I don't know where you live.

I knew it! That means he still doesn't know I live at the castle right? Let's just think it that way.

There will be a party held in my kingdom. It's almost winter time. In our kingdom, we usually have this kind of party to celebrate the winter time. Everyone will come, and I hope you will too. It's an invitation for one person, but you may bring one more if you don't like to attend alone.

I'll be waiting for you. The date and time will be in the small card.

Eliot of the Brail kingdom

"Well-well. An invitation?" I suddenly close the paper and put it back in the envelope. I turn back to see Karl standing behind me, looking as straight and scary as usual.

"What? You don't like it when I get invitation? I know you've gotten much more than I do."

"I don't like invitation. You never see me going outside the castle too often right."

It's true. This first prince doesn't like socializing.

"Tch! Whatever. Don't bother me now."

Karl stays quiet. He then walks in front and sits beside me.

"What?" I look at him staring at me.

"Who is it from?"

"What?" I ask once again.

"Envelope." Karl doesn't look at me. He keeps his eyes on Alberth. Even though he doesn't look at me, I know he's waiting for my answer.

"Eliot from the Brail Kingdom."

"Hmm?" Karl hums.

"I don't need your 'hum', sire."

"Then what is it about?" He still looks in front.