06 : A Day with Kenn

"How about you? Do you love him?"

*
*
*

"Sister." Kenn waves at me as I walk down the stairs to the dining room with Karl. Empress Keana was back yesterday night. 

"Good morning, Prince Kenn."

"Why are you here?" 

I didn't mean to drive him away. It is so early in the morning and he is supposed to go to school.

"I'm going with brother today." Kenn as usual, smiles brightly to me. The total opposite of the person beside me that hasn't been talking so much this morning, as usual.

"What will you do today, sis?" Kenn asks me as all of us gather in the dining room.

"Nothing special. I've been doing a lot of paintings and watering the garden with Lydia. There hasn't been much things to do."

"Then that's good. I'm going to go picnic with brother outside of the palace and think you might come as well."

"Kenn, finish your meal first." Vasulla says as she sits beside The Empress.

"Let's talk later." I say. Looking at the duchess sometimes makes me afraid.

"We're leaving." Kenn waves as he and Karl gets into the carriage with Vasulla.

"Take care." I say as I wave back to them.

***

"What will you bring for the picnic? Do you have something you like?" I say to Karl who is reading his book quietly.

"Since you're coming. I entrust it to you."

"Wait, what?" 

I should have said I'm not going to Karl. I can see him smirks.

"Well, I thought you are familiar with preparing things since you were a maid."

I close my mouth. To be honest, that hurts a little.

"Stay silent, eh? Did I hurt your feeling?" Karl says with no guilt.

I look at him, my eyes doesn't give him expressions. I can see his face turns straight as he looks at my unusual boring face. Luckily, Lydia isn't here in Karl's room.

"Was a maid doesn't mean you throw your responsibility to me. Besides, I was just asking if you have something you would want to eat there. I will gladly help you because I don't have any idea of foods I want to bring." 

My voice starts to tremble. I think I might start to cry. I can feel my sight getting blur.

No! This is not the time.

"Are you ready?" Suddenly, Kenn walks in with his bright smile.

He stops and looks at me.

"A-are you okay?" He notices.

"I'm not going."

As soon as I said that, I walk outside the room. People just start looking at me as I walk pass the corridor to my room.

"Wait, sis!" I keep walking even though I can hear Kenn's calling me.

"Wait. Why are you crying?" He looks at me worried.

Am I crying?

I wipe my eyes. Wet.

I didn't realize my tears had already fallen.

"It's not a big deal, actually." I answer Kenn.

It's true. Karl saying that wasn't actually a big deal. But, I don't know why my heart just hurt when he told me that.