42 : Mom's Story

Shoutout to Cupidmomo16 for the funny comment😂,
IzanamiYukimura for adding this to your reading list, xsecretdreamerx for voting and MaryDahliaJoyDonoso for following💛🌼

*

"How many secrets do you keep, mom?"

*
*
*

Author POV

"Elena, come here!"

The 18-year-old Elena turns her head and waves to her dear friend.

"Lydia, you come here!" Elena laughs at the girl with golden blond hair. Lydia sighs and walk to Elena.

"Come on, we be here for too long. Merlin will scold us if we go out too long."

Elena nods and walks with Lydia back to their small cottage. They've been here at the forest for almost ten months now, and yes, they can survive thanks to the witch Merlin. A big black hole brought them here when they were on the way to school.

"Merlin!" Lydia shouts to the young man sitting on a wood bench. Merlin lifts his head and smile as he looks at the two girls walking towards him.

"You're finally back." Merlin smiles to Lydia. Lydia nods. Elena can see it all, they two are falling deeply in love with each other. And she's stuck in her own unrequited love. Elena is so glad she can still hide her feeling for Merlin when that man is obviously in love with her best friend.

"I'm going to take plates for us." Elena says as she walks inside to take some plate.

The night has come. It's just Elena and Lydia now. Merlin, of course, doesn't live with them, he has things to do as a witch.

"Elena, are you asleep?" Lydia whispers as she turns her body to Elena. Elena opens her eyes.

"Not yet."

Lydia giggles. "Do you miss home?"

Elena sighs and looks up. "Of course. Don't you?"

"Of course, me too. But for a second, I thought that maybe, it'll be alright to stay here."

Elena rolls her eyes. "Of course, you'll be alright. You've found your love, Merlin. And what about me?"

Lydia laughs. "Alright-alright. It's not like we can't go back right? Merlin said we can go back."

"Will you not miss him?"

Lydia stops smiling. Her face looks a bit sad now, Elena can see it.

"Of course I will. But it's alright." Lydia smiles back and look at Elena. Elena sighs. Even though Lydia said that, she can still look at how frustrated and scared Lydia is.

"Alright, sleep now."

-SKIP TO TWO MONTHS LATER-

"It's time!" Merlin suddenly shouts from outside, making Elena and Lydia wake up in the middle of their sleep. They look at each other and quickly walk outside where Merlin is standing and looks at them.

"What's going on, Merlin?"

"The portal is opening. We should hurry." Merlin grabs their hand and takes them deeper to the forest.