55 : Out

Shoutout to LoyalBookster for the vote!🌈

*

"Even though that's my favorite place to go when I'm with you."

*
*
*

Author's POV

The new horizon is about to come
Hear me out, the hidden power
The one with enormous energy
We are waiting...

The preparation for the ritual has ended. The people covered in cape are done practicing. Barbaron Saliander, or what all the people of Ezule Kingdome know as Mr.Barb, the empress trusted man. He dedicated his life to the Ezule Kingdom in order to gain the trust of the emperor of Ezule Kingdom. Getting closer to the future emperor, Karl Ezule seems to be impossible for him.

"I need to change my plan or I won't be getting any closer to destroying that prince."

Barb's eyes suddenly sparkle as soon as he finds a brilliant yet, what he doesn't know, a stupid idea. 

"I can never kill the empress directly, she's been protected since a long time ago. And nor does his son, but I can poison her. Why didn't I ever think about that?" he whispers in a gentle yet raspy kind of voice. He walks to his work table, a smooth wooden table filled with bubbly liquids and some smokes. Tubes and small rocky stove is laid on that table together with some leaves and herbs.

"I can't trust anyone from the palace. They are too loyal and I can't directly give it to the empress or she'll know right away." He stops thinking and begins working on his poison. He will son think about the way to poison the empress after he finishes this work.

At the other place, at the Brail Kingdom, Antania and Karl has arrived back at their room.

Antania's POV

I sharpen my sight as I see a small light bounces off an object. I walk closer but Karl suddenly grabs my waist and pulls me away from the wall.

"What are you doing?" I release myself from him.

"Nothing." he shortly answers. 

"What a lie." I roll my eyes.

"What is that?" I begin pointing on an arrow I just saw when he was grabbing me. It is stuck on the wall, a smart man like Karl would have noticed it way before I did.

"You don't know what that thing is called? You need to go back to the elementary school."

I giggle. His dry joke sounds funny to me.

"You know what I mean."

"Can I hug you?" I frown. It's rare for him to ask for my permission. He always do things as he wants.

"No." I cross my arms.

"It's cold."

"You can cover yourself with blanket."

"With you?"

I widen my eyes as I Karl begins to smirk. 

"Don't think seriously. I want us to purely sleep, nothing more." Karl flicks my head.

"I didn't think about anything." I touch my forehead and glare at him.

"I will tell you about that arrow if you hug me."

"You said that YOU are the one who wanted to hug me." I say as I look at Karl walking to the bed. He sits there and opens up the blanket.

"I've changed my mind." Karl opens his arms widely. I can't see his face clearly due to the light outside behind him, but his eyes are as bright as the moon I can see clearly.