34 : Promise Fulfilled

Thank you for XimieForella45 for voting and MeinChia for adding this to you library❤️

I'll shoutout random readers from the previous chapter, so keep on reading. Thank you guys!💜

*

"I only focus on one girl and not interested in having more in the future."

*
*
*

As I thought, the necklace matches perfectly with the dress I'm wearing. The weather nowadays has become colder. lucky for me, Karl gave me a pretty comfortable warm dress. The door suddenly opens. I turn my head and look at Karl, waiting by the wall. He looks ten times more handsome with the clothes his wearing right now. I walk to him after Lydia ties a ribbon on my hair.

"What do you think?" I smile and look at him. His eyes are slowly observing my from head to toe.

"I know my pick would be the best." 

I roll my eyes. That's not the answer I was hoping for but, oh well.

"You ready?" I, on my own initiative, lift my hand and hold his arm. He looks at me for a while before finally opens his mouth.

"Hmm."

I chuckle as we walk together to the party. 

"Mommy." We both stop as I turn back to see Alberth walking.

"Where are you going?" I spread my arms so Alberth can hug me.

"We're going to a party." I smile as I look at Alberth's sparkling eyes.

"Party?" His eyes can tell that he's never been to any.

"But you can't come, little boy." I  pinch his cold nose.

"I know." Alberth's face suddenly turn straight. Being here has made him act more like Karl as they spend their days together. 

"Hey, why do you look dark?" I chuckle. Why do I have to be surrounded by this poker-face guys?

"I'm not. Take care mommy." Alberth smiles.

"Be good here, you can play with uncle Kenn too." He hugs me again before Lydia takes him with her.

"That child has become more like you now." I say to Karl as we continue our walk.

"It's just your feeling." Karl helps me get up  on the carriage. Whatever you say, then.

The atmosphere has become silent as soon as we get into the carriage. Nor Karl or I has started a conversation. It took us half of hour to get to Acasia's place.

"Thank you for coming all the way to here, Your Highness. I really thought you wouldn't come."

"My wife won't permit me to do that." I immediately look at him. When did I ever do that? Whatever.

"Acasia, come!" Duke Amberg calls Acasia from afar. She looks at him and walks to us.

"Happy birthday, princess." I say as I give her our gift.

"Thank you for coming, Your Highness." Princess Acasia glady accepts it. I hope she'll like it. I spent hours searching for that one particular gift.

"You know, Your Majesty." Duke Amberg opens his mouth as soon as Acasia left. We both look at him.

"My daughter can give benefits to your empire. She's smart, diligent, feminine, and also educated." I raise my eyebrow. So? What is he trying to say? Even Karl looks bored now.