32 : Another Consideration

"Tch. I'm not interested in touching a flat-chested girl." 

*
*
*

Karl doesn't come in even after Lydia and Alberth left. I need to go back. I quickly stand up and walk to the door.

"Where do you think you're going?" Karl leans his hand at the door to block my way out.

"To my room." I can't look at him in the eye. He looks a bit angry.

"It seems that sleeping for too long has made your head stupid."

I finally turn around and look at him. "What do you mean?"

Karl smirks, his eyes are still locking me. He lean closer to me as I step back to avoid him. 

"We are roommates now." His whispers widen my eyes. I quickly slap my head. How can I forget?

"Ah, I forgot." I quickly look down and walk back to the bed. Karl finally walks in to his table.

"Did I really sleep for two days?" I open my mouth. Karl stops with his activity.

"Hmm." He only hums and continues reading without looking at me. 

Not until a second, I widen my eyes as I realized something.

"D-Did we sleep on the same bed already?"

Karl chuckles as he lifts his head and look at me. "Of course. Since two days ago, wife."

I sigh.

"I must have slept like a dead body." I mutter without realizing.

"You did." Karl suddenly answers, making me feel embarrassed. Did anybody bathe me? Should I ask him? But Karl looks so serious in his own world. 

"Did Lydia bathe me?" I finally gather the courage to speak up.

"Hmm." 

Phew! I thought I didn't take a bath for two days. I must have smelled. I look at the clock, it's almost midnight. The lights are still on but I'm already sleepy now. What time does Karl usually go to bed?

"Will you sleep anytime soon?" I ask him. 

"No."

I sigh. I knew he would say that. But I can't sleep with the lights on.

"Can you sleep now?" I ask him. Oh my God, Antania! Are you looking for death by asking him that question? I feel like I just ordered him.

His red eyes look at me with silence. 

"You want me to go to sleep? Now?" He stands up and walks to the bed. I slowly lift the blanket and close myself as he comes closer. I gulp. I shouldn't have said that, right?

"Answer."

"Yeah, I asked you to. It's midnight already, stupid Karl! I'm sleepy!" I take one breathe in after saying that.

"Pfft!" Karl snickers.

"There you go, babbling as usual." He continues. The smile on his face just now has disappeared. He should smile more. 

"Here." He throws an envelope to the bed and sits next to me. I quickly pull myself away from him.

"I won't bite." He says as he leans on the bed and sits like he used to do. I move my eyes to the white envelope and slowly open it.

"An invitation?" 

Again?

Karl hums. "It's Duke Amberg's daughter's birthday party."