Chapter 53: Art Class

Start from the beginning

"Ready?" She asked with a smirk.

"Yeah!" Faye excitedly said smashing her hand down into the paint marking her hand yellow. "Look mama!" She turned it around to see her new hand color.

"Put it on your painting." She instructed as Faye stamped her handprint all along the empty spaces of her canvas.

"Why don't you write your name on it as well." Lain suggested from the opposite side of her wife while they were all hiding behind their easels separating them from their strangely intensely focused instructor.

"Oh good idea mommy." Faye turned her paint brush handle yellow as her still wet hand grabbed a hold of it and scribbled her own personal signature at the bottom.

"I think that looks beautiful." The women commented simultaneously before chuckling at their coincidental uniformed speech.

"Ah-hem." The three of them were shocked to hear the older woman with grey hairs in the front of the class looking at them. "More painting ladies. Less chatting." She instructed before going back to her slow and painfully horrible lessons.

To say their money was well spent on the quality of service they received would be false, but in terms of their happiness there was no doubt about it. The three of them laughed at one another as they admired their different variations of the object goal in front of them.

While Lain had a more professional and signature look to it, Faye had the most creative and liberating piece as it greatly strayed away from the woman's instruction. Meanwhile, Nina frowned. Her artwork was a poor rendition of the horrible work as her guide.

"Mama you made a lot of circles." Faye giggled quietly to the woman as she observed the different sized circles on the board.

"Those aren't circles, they're fruit pieces." She explained.

"Hm?" Faye tilted her head to its side and squinted her blue eyes so tiny that she could barely see out of them anymore. "I see it now!" She happily shouted making the stern woman up front look back at their excited girl with firm eyes.

She was about to say something to get the girl to pay attention to her again, but feeling a set of eyes staring at her too, the woman looked to the side seeing Lain scarily daring the woman to speak up.

While Lain knew that this instructor was awful at her job, she recalled the last time her wife and Faye attended this lesson with other people and the amount of fun they had was priceless. Wanting to experience the amateur art class together she signed them up hoping for another overly fun time.

But with Lain's black eyes challenging the instructor to talk out against Faye, she ultimately backed down not wanting to deal with Lain.

Clearing her throat she casually returned to her guide while Faye got to laugh and giggle as loudly as she wanted with Nina.

"Woah!" Faye finally caught a glimpse at Lain's work. "That's pretty mommy." She said the latter part softer as she leaned closer to allow the woman a chance to hear her.

"Why thank you sweet girl. It's not as pretty as you, but it'll do." Lain commented making Faye sit up straight in her seat as her cheeks blushed.

Chuckling Nina gave up on her piece as she switched her seat with Faye's. Moving their artwork into their new spots, Faye now sat in between both women with her painting in front of her.

"How'd you do that?" She asked pointing to a small waterfall displayed in the back of what appeared to be a mountain close to the shore of her sandy beach.

"Mommy will teach you at home. I've got better supply's anyways hidden in mama's office." She said.

"Really?" She asked full of glee.

"Of course." Cheering as she kicked her feet, Faye turned back around delivering the good news to Nina as well.

While Lain put the finishing touches on her image, Faye looked back around. "Mommy?"

"Yes. What is it?"

"Mama told me to tell you to join Grammy's uni-ity?" She said scratching her head.

"University, baby." Nina corrected as she laughed not caring about their instructor hearing her anymore.

"Oh. Join Grammy's university." Faye fixed as she looked with hope filled eyes at Lain.

"Really babe? Was that your attempt to get me to go to school? Having Faye tell me so?" She asked.

Shrugging nonchalantly Nina nodded without any shame. "We'll that didn't work. I'm not going back to school."

"Why?" The little girl between them asked.

"Because mommy doesn't think it's such a good idea for me to be going back."

"Why?"

"Well I need to keep my attention on you girls, don't I?"

"Why?"

"Because of questions like this that make me laugh." She said bopping Fayes nose making their little girl giggle. "I don't want to miss any of them by focusing too much on something else."

Nina leaned up from behind Faye and whispered into her ear. "We'll get her to join soon enough sweetheart."

Nodding in agreement Faye went back to her artwork with the women.

While the rest of their time at their lesson was comprised of mainly random painting on their own accord, the trio were just happy to be together spending time with one another.

But the women couldn't help but have a lingering thought of what their other little girls were going through. They hoped everything was alright, but their was this strange feeling in their guts just telling them that leaving the girls was going to have its consequences.
———————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off