Chapter 49: Splitting Up

Start from the beginning

Pointing to Nina, Kaila felt her face getting hot.

Surprised by the girls decision, the couple had anticipated her to pick Lain again. Feeling included in their new bond, Nina smiled graciously. Grabbing the diaper and powder from her wife she prepped herself to change her little girl for the first time.

"Here sweetheart this is for you." Lain told Kaila reassuringly as she passed over a bottle of warm milk.

Instantly putting it into her mouth Kaila tried to focus on her bottle rather than what was happening on her lower half.

Making quick work with some guidance from her wife, Nina swiftly switched the girls diapers. "All done!" She happily announced sitting Kaila up. "You were such a good girl for me!" She praised kissing the small girls head.

"Good girl Kaila!" Lain added much to the girls happiness.

Getting kisses from both women Kaila found their attention appealing. Finding it within herself to smile at their constant love and affection, she blushed harder.

Seeing her wife yawning briefly Lain scooped Kaila up. "You can sleep in here with mama and I tonight." She said laying Kaila in the center of their bed.

Sandwiching her, Lain and Nina wrapped their arms around Kaila's small figure. Feeling the blanket engulf her body made her feel toasty, but the warmth of the couples bodies around her made her feel safe.

Shutting her eyes as she continued sucking away at her bottle she listened as the woman whispered into her ears reassuringly.

By the time morning came around and Lain woke up, she noticed that the little girl who fell asleep besides her was no longer there. "Kaila?" She called out loud enough to be heard from the hallway but still quiet enough as to not disrupt her sleeping wife.

Hearing no response the woman got up and exited her bedroom. With the three girls rooms all aligned in the same hallway, she began her journey down it.

Checking on her other girls while she was in the hall, Lain opened Lauren's door first. And all that was in front of her was an empty mermaid bedding.

"Laur?" She called again getting nothing in response.

Scratching her head confused, Lain passed by Kaila's room. Looking through her open door she wasn't surprised to find her Aladdin room completely empty.

'Third is a charm right?' She thought to herself as she grabbed ahold of the final girls door knob. "Faye?" She asked opening the door seeing yet another empty room.

"Girls?" She called louder than before so she could be heard from downstairs.

"Mommy down here!" Finally she grinned hearing one of her little girls respond.

Already heading down the steps Lain came to a stop seeing all three girls sitting on the couch in the living room curled up with one another as their morning cartoons played on the screen in front of them.

"What's going on down here?" The woman asked as she proudly smiled at her girls.

"We're watching shows." Faye answered while the other girls were too busy watching the scenes.

"When did you all come down?"

Shrugging even Faye didn't know. The hour they had already spent down stairs seemed to go by faster than actuality.

"Alright. Well you girls relax then I'm going to get started on breakfast." She said leaving for the kitchen. Taking one last look back at her three girls together Lain smiled largely. While Faye and Lauren were casually talking about the show, Lain was more astounded to see Kaila laying her head down on Lauren's lap.

With her bottom aimed away from the other girls, Kaila sat on the edge furthest away from an arm rest while Lauren sat in the center.

Grilling up eggs and bacon with pancakes on the side Lain made a fast and easy meal. By the time she finished her tired wife found her way down the steps as well.

Making her way into the kitchen, Nina wrapped her arms around Lain's waist as she rested her chin against Lain's shoulder.

Kissing her wife's neck, Nina sighed taking a large breath of her wife's natural calming scent.

"Everything okay?" Lain asked turning to Nina.

"Yeah, but I think having Kaila kicking all night long has some bad side effects." She said twisting her back as loud cracking sounded came out.

"She didn't kick me."

"Well lucky you." She teased slapping her wife's ass.

"Babe!" Lain jumped nearly dropping one of the girls pancakes onto the floor.

Just hearing Nina chuckle to herself Lain rolled her eyes as she plated their cooked food.

While Lain used a knife to cut the girls food up, Nina had started the process of making coffee for herself. "So have you thought about today?" Nina asked.

"What do you mean?" Lain raised an eyebrow but didn't take her attention off the food in front of her so she didn't cut herself.

"It's the weekend. We were going to start our mommy dates with the girls." Nina reminded.

Snapping her fingers and nodding her head, Lain gasped lightly as the memory came back into the front line of her memory. "You forgot didn't you?" Nina asked cheekily knowing the simple admittance would drive her wife insane.

"Of course not." Lain insisted. "I was just making sure we were on the same page here about the girls dates." She chuckled nervously. With everything going on with Kaila, Lain's memory wasn't putting out its best service.

"Good then did you decide who we were taking out first?" Nina asked.

Frantically thinking of a response, Lain was relieved to remember she had already ran through that question in her head. With an answer already set in place she nodded her head towards her wife. "Faye." She said.

"I had a feeling you'd say that." Nina chuckled pouring the girls bottles with juice in it.

"Why wouldn't I? It feels like it's been so long since it was just the three of us. Not to mention we've been putting a lot of attention on Kaila and Lauren lately while they've settled in with us. I know it would be good for Faye if we spent some quality time with her."

As she agreed with her wife, Nina nodded. "But do you think that Kaila and Lauren are even ready for what we have planned for them since they aren't coming?"

"They don't have a choice. We need someone to watch them while we spend alone time with Faye, and your mom's busy working on university stuff. Plus after I got off the phone with Alia yesterday morning she said she was thrilled the girls were coming over. She even said Rosy was excited to see them again."

"I guess." Nina said screwing on the lid to the last of their bottles. "I hope Alia doesn't stress herself out having to watch two extra girls today."

"She'll be fine. Besides were going to check out the center before we leave them so we'll know they'll be in good hands." Standing at the counter looking into the adjacent room where their girls resided, Lain smiled as she happily watched them enjoy one another's company.

Feeling her wife's arms slip around her waist again, Lain rested her head back against Nina's shoulder. With both women looking longingly at their girls, they were excited to see where this weekend would take them.
———————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off