Chapter 46: Urgent Wake Up Call

ابدأ من البداية

"Stop crying sweet girl it's alright." She tried to assure but it only seemed to make Kaila's tears pour out heavier. "Hey. Hey. Hey" She hummed while pulling Kaila in for a hug. Just holding the small girls head softly against her chest, Lain waited until Kaila had calmed down enough for them to talk.

However, after ten minutes of straight crying Lain could hear the girls voice straining, but that didn't seem to be slowing down her tears.

Picking the girl up off the floor she cringed feeling the wet spot come into contact with her hip. But holding back her discomfort, Lain carried Kaila into the couples bedroom where she took the girl into their attached bathroom.

Warming up a nice bath, Lain stripped Kaila before placing her into the water. Letting her relax in the comforting blanket around her body, Lain pressed a kiss onto the girls head. "Stay right there. Mommy will be right back." She said before grabbing Kaila's wet clothes from off the floor and exiting the bathroom.

Before leaving her room, Lain did a quick change of clothes herself before she briskly walked out towards Kaila's room with both of their dirty clothes in hand.

Realizing why Kaila didn't want her to walk into her room earlier, Lain frowned seeing the bed wet. Taking off her tainted sheets and blankets, Lain threw all of their belongings into the wash.

Once that was dealt with she returned to Kaila's room to grab a fresh pair of clothes for her to play in, as well as stopping by the girls bathroom. Looking around to make sure Lauren wasn't magically back in the house, she snuck into the cabinet under their sink grabbing a few things before rushing out.

Placing all of the items onto her bed, she returns back into her bathroom where Kaila was rubbing her red puffy eyes as she sniffled. "How are you holding up in here?" She cooed kneeling back down besides the girl.

"I'm sorry." Kaila embarrassedly said while her face turned an even brighter shade of pink.

"Sweetheart it's alright-"

"It was an accident." Kaila rambled on.

"Baby I know it was-"

"I didn't mean to-" seeing her face becoming a near shade of red and the tears building back up in her eyes Lain threw her finger up in front of the girls lips to silence her.

"Kaila." She said firmly grabbing Kaila's whole attention. Watching as the girls shoulders eased down Lain smiled softly as she took the girls small hands in her own. "It was just an accident. It's alright. Accidents are bound to happen. There's nothing to worry about." She confidently said.

"But-but not those kinds of accidents." She said as her bottom lip became to tremble yet again.

Shushing her girl Lain shook her head. "Any accident is just an accident. You're alright baby, I promise."

Wiping her nose with the back of her wet hand, Kaila sniffled as hiccups were the only proof left of her sobs from earlier.

"Now will you be good and settle down while we get your bath done." Lain smiled as she filled her hand with soap for the girls hair.

Nodding, Kaila turned around letting the woman massage the sudsy liquid into her scalp. Feeling Lain's nails very gently digging into her head, Kaila purred leaning back into her touch.

Chuckling silently to herself Lain worked through the rest of the girls bath time until Kaila was squeaky clean from head to toe.

"All done!" She cheered as she shut the water off much to Kaila's disappointment. "Hey no frowning, you had your fun. Now it's time to get you out of there before you turn into a little prune."

Giggling Kaila accepted as she stepped out with Lain's help before being surrounded by a soft blanket with a turtle printed on the backside. She giggled even harder to herself knowing Lain grabbed one of Lauren's towels by mistake, meanwhile hers had princesses printed on them.

Accepting it nonetheless, Kaila bounced in place as Lain dried her body off. Once she had completed that task, she lifted the girl back onto her hip and brought Kaila to her bed.

"Who's ready for a crash landing?!" Lain playfully hummed as she spun Kaila around making it nearly impossible to see anything around her clearly.

Just laughing in response Kaila felt Lain lifting her off of her hip and carefully tossed down onto their bed. Giggling as she held on tightly to her towel she knew what always came next.

Crawling her hands up the girls torso, Kaila braced herself as Lain dived into a full attack tickling the girl with no mercy. Breathing heavily within her peaks of laughter Kaila tried to squirm out of the woman's hold but Lain had her right where she wanted.

Using her elbows to trap Kaila underneath her, there was no escape.

"Stop!" She shouted out behind her constant giggle.

"Stop what?" Lain raised an eyebrow. "We've done this how many times and you still can't remember the magic word." She tsked while shaking her head.

"Stop mommy!" Kaila shouted yet again finally earning her freedom as Lain's hold on her released itself.

"That wasn't so hard now was it." With her hands on her hips, Lain looked at Kaila with a smug face. Loving the playful attitude the woman held, Kaila smiled back as she repositioned herself on the women's bed so that her feet weren't dangling off the edge.

Moving upwards without looking Kaila was surprised when her head came into contact with something soft. It was soft yet firm. She knew it wasn't a pillow by the size and shape of it that she could make out.

She raised a curious brow as Lain got closer to the small girl cautiously.

Without saying a word Lain waited patiently as she watched Kaila flip off her back and onto her tummy. Looking up at the item near her head she grew pale as her eyes widened.
———————————————————————————
A/N: Alright if you guys didn't know it yet from my announcement earlier, it is finally daylights savings for me. So from here on out until the next time change, I will be posting around this time due to the hours being pushed back.

Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off