Chapter 87: Fight

The 3 thugs jumped down in front of the container as Hawks' muffled voice yelled

"Lumia! Tsukuyomi! Get out of here! Let me outta this thing!" Banging resounded from inside the container.

I pulled some light from my suit as Tokoyami brought out Dark Shadow, and I jumped away a bit to put some distance in between him and I so that Dark Shadow wasn't so afraid and could grow stronger.

"Lumia! You take the guy on the left, I'll take these two!" he called as we took our battle stances.

"You got it Tsukuyomi!" I responded and turned my attention to the thug on the left. He had patches of scales covering bits of his face, arms and legs, the moon glinting off of them as he lunged for me.

I ducked as he started with a right hook and transformed my light into a Katana, both hands gripping the hilt and swinging with all my might. It connected with his forearm and sparks shot out from the scales, a loud SSSHING piercing my ears.

"You think you're so tough huh?" the guy spat as he jumped away. He aimed an outstretched hand at me, scales flying towards me like shurikens.

"Let's see you deal with this little girl!" he screamed. I transformed my light into a shield and the shuriken scales thwacked off it. He grunted in surprise and frustration, but jumped to the left and shot them again. I blocked the projectile scales with the shield, but I was too slow to notice him come up behind me, his feet sweeping mine out from under me.

I hit the ground with a thud and coughed, Tokoyami called out

"Lumia! Are you ok?!"

"Fantastic!" I spat sarcastically, rolling out of the way as the scale guy tried to step on me. I leapt up, transforming my light into a whip, and lashed it out at him. I decided to try something new, and willed the end of the whip to be sharp like a blade, which seemed to work because it connected with his shoulder and I heard him cry out in pain.

Blood spurted from his wound as he gripped his shoulder, lunging for me again. I swung to the left and caught his gut in a punch. He stumbled forward and I quickly maneuvered around him, adding a swift kick to his backside to send him face down on the ground. He laid there for a second, unmoving, before I decided he was done and turned to help my friend.

He was being overpowered by the other two, one of which had black ooze pouring out of where his hands should have been, the other looked like he was made of stone. I jumped with all my might, landing on the shoulders of the stone golem guy as I lashed my whip around his neck and caught it on the other side.

"What did you do with the nomu?!" I yelled, but the guy just grunted and started flailing, his hand reaching into his pocket.

"Let's see how you deal with THIS!" his deep voice called, and I gasped as I felt a sharp pain in my arm.