Chapter 66: Did I Really Just Say That?

The next day I was discharged and went home. I realized as I walked into my room that I hadn't been there in a while, and it felt good to be among the familiarity of my belongings. I went about my day, doing laundry and cleaning up a bit, and a couple hours passed before there was a knock on the front door.

I jogged downstairs and pulled the front door open to reveal a pair of scarlet red eyes, coupled with those shark-like teeth I had grown so fond of. My heart skipped a beat and relief washed over me like a wave when I realized he was completely unharmed, and I threw myself out the door and over his shoulders.

"You're ok!" I said as my arms wrapped around his neck. He caught me without any trouble, but the force of the jump almost knocked us off the front steps.

"Yeah, I'm great! I'm happy Bakugou is safe, but I'm probably in a ton of trouble now." he laughed as his arms wrapped around my waist to hug me back. He held me for a second before setting me on the steps gently and flashing me that signature goofy smile.

"Wanna walk with me? I'll tell you all about it!" he asked and I nodded.

"Sure thing!"

The air was warm as the sun shone through the now fully fledged trees, golden hour certainly was beautiful during the summer. We walked down the street to a nearby park, Kirishima animatedly telling me about the rescue and disguises.

"I got this cool set of horns! I don't really know what to do with 'em now though." He said, putting both hands on his forehead and pointing his fingers so it would look like horns.

"Is that why your hair is down?" I asked. I liked it down almost as much as I liked it spiked up. He looked calmer this way, more down to earth. I noticed how his hair looked like it glowed red in the dappled golden sunlight that was shining through the leaves of a maple tree we were passing. It was almost like a painting, the red contrasted with the green of the tree so beautifully. 

"Yeah, they wouldn't fit over my normal hair." he chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck with one hand as if embarrassed by this. "Oh! I also got these because we needed to look into some of the villain's hideouts." His hands fumbled around in his pockets before producing a pair of expensive looking night vision goggles.

"Whoa! These are awesome! How much did they cost though? They look expensive."

"A lot... but I don't really care. I got to use em to help save my friend you know? Momo was sure surprised when I whipped 'em out though!" he smiled and chuckled as he returned the goggles back to his pocket.

"Haha! That's why I love you Eijiro, you always manage to brighten even the worst situation"

Holy shit, did I just tell him-?!

I blushed at realization of what I just said, and he stopped walking, clearly in shock as well. 

"Wait, did you really just say that?"

"...yeah I guess I did..." I couldn't look at him, my face felt like it was on fire.

"Did you mean it?"

"...yeah..." I said slowly, my hands now covering my face in embarrassment.

He was quiet for a second as my thoughts reeled.

Oh god, he doesn't feel the same way! I've been imagining everything between us this whole time, you and your stupid mouth Y/n! Why did you have to go and say that? You aren't even dating him!

"Holy shit this is the best day of my life!" he shouted, jumping into the air before effortlessly lifting me off the ground, spinning me as he laughed up at me. We fell over into the grass underneath the maple tree, sunlight dappling his hair as I brought my head up from landing on his chest.

A breeze blew over us, shifting some strands of hair into my face, but before I could fix them his fingers were tucking them behind my ear. His hand stopped and his open palm rested on my cheek as he looked into my eyes. Those beautiful scarlet eyes, the ones that held such chivalry and spirit. His large, rough hand on my cheek, his slow, deep breaths I could feel under me, I always wanted to feel this way with him.

"I love you too Y/n." 

His words were like finally taking a breath after being underwater for too long. I wanted to hear those words over and over again for the rest of my life. No, I needed to hear those words from him over and over for the rest of my life.

I leaned down and crashed my lips into his. They were no longer the gentle, unsure lips I had known from previous kisses. These lips threatened to drown me in his love, pushing against mine with newfound confidence, passion and desire. His hand crept up to cup the back of my head and he pulled me closer, deepening our kiss as his lips explored mine with more urgency. I parted my mouth open slightly and he took the invitation, his tongue intertwining with mine like a dance. His sharp teeth grazed my lower lip, sending an excited shiver down my spine. It felt like fireworks when I kissed him, like nothing else in the entire world could matter more than this.

Just when I felt like I couldn't breathe anymore, he pulled away, placing a final peck on my lips to seal the deal.

"Does this mean you'll be my girlfriend now?"

I blinked to try to come back to my senses but words were still failing me, so I smiled and nodded. He returned it with his own grin and then pulled me in for another kiss. 

Author's Note: AAAAAAAH the cuteness, I can't! I loved writing this chapter! I hope you guys liked it too!