Chapter 11: Fitness Test

Aizawa called out "Bakugou, you managed to get the most points on the entrance exam. What was your farthest distance throw with the softball in middle school?"

"67 meters I think." the ash blonde responded.

"Right, try doing it with your quirk. Anything goes, just stay in the circle" Aizawa said as he handed Bakugou the ball. The boy got this maniacal smile as he wound up and spat

"Alright nobody blink" as he exploded the ball into the sky. We all gasped and tried to follow it, but it was nowhere to be seen. Our eyes darted back to the ground as we heard a THUNK of the ball landing in the dirt somewhere.

"All of you need to learn your maximum capabilities." Aizawa said as he held up a tablet with the distance on the screen. 705 meters!? Whoa!

"Alright line up, you're all going to throw the ball with your quirk before we get on to the rest of the tests."Aizawa said. I was next in line and our teacher handed a new ball to me. I stepped into the white circle and thought Ok, how am I going to launch this thing farther with my quirk? I know! I wound up and pitched it as hard as I could, using some light from the ring on my left hand that Hatsume gave me to engulf the front of the ball and willed it as far away as I could. When the ball landed on the ground, Aizawa held up the device which read 500 meters. I smiled to myself and walked towards where the ash blonde was now standing.

"Hey, not quite as good as yours but that was way farther than I thought it would go!" I said to him. He looked at me with an air of superiority.

"Tch, doesn't matter, you'll never beat me" he scoffed, and I rolled my eyes and watched as our classmates threw the ball one by one. We all stared shock when Uraraka got an infinity score on her throw.

The rest of the day was spent doing the fitness tests, and we were all on edge when Aizawa told us that the person who did the worst on them would be expelled. I breathed a sigh of relief when the final scores were displayed and my name popped up 11th. I hadn't done that great at the sprints or the grip strength but the long jump was easy! I just used my light to whip me forward farther. I heard a small gasp from the boy with the green hair as he stared at the screen.

"I'm in last place?" he whimpered.

"And I lied, nobody's going home. It was just a rational deception in order to get you to do your best." Aizawa said, a smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. We all gasped in disbelief and relief that nobody was going to be sent home.

"That was pretty nerve wracking huh?" A guy with dark hair and tape dispenser arms said to Kirishima.

"Nah I'm always down for a challenge" Kirishima shot back, a determined smile on his face, his right fist pumping the air a little bit. I giggled to myself before turning my attention back on our teacher.